Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Re: 2001 Craig Biggio Game used Jersey - NOT!

When I originally read this thread, I was happy that the eBay seller was going to get a refund for the fake jersey from the original owner. However, two months have passed, and according to the seller, he hasn't gotten a dime of the money back.

It's one thing to sell a bad jersey. It's quite another to say that you stand behind your items, yet to never issue a refund to the aggrieved party.

Just disgusting IMO.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: 2001 Craig Biggio Game used Jersey - NOT!

You are mistaken if you think that 6200's are only retail. There have been a lot of 6200 game worn jerseys. The Dodgers were one team that comes to mind. It's amazing how many good pieces you could pick up because other collectors live and die by the 6200/0062 theory and were afraid to bid. I learned this from Dave M. and other members right here. With this particular Biggio jersey, I would go by what Frik thinks. Her knowledge is tops with Astros jerseys. (at least I think so!)

Banned

Exclamation Re: 2001 Craig Biggio Game used Jersey - NOT!

"A lot" might be stretching it, but it does happen. Still, I'd be wary of any major star jersey with the 6200 code, as the chances are just too small of it being legit to take the chance. Plus, 44 is a retail size...46 is not.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    "A lot" might be stretching it, but it does happen. Still, I'd be wary of any major star jersey with the 6200 code, as the chances are just too small of it being legit to take the chance. Plus, 44 is a retail size...46 is not.

Dave Miedema
    Ah, what do you know Dave?? Actually all kidding aside, you know how much I and others here value your insight. But please clarify what you mean that 44 is a retail size. Don't MLB players wear 44's? As always, I hope you're doing well. Thanks again for your help.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Ah, what do you know Dave?? Actually all kidding aside, you know how much I and others here value your insight. But please clarify what you mean that 44 is a retail size. Don't MLB players wear 44's? As always, I hope you're doing well. Thanks again for your help.
    Dan
    I think what he is saying is 44 is a size anyone can buy at retail therefore could try and turn into a fake gamer. Yes 44 is a size players do wear but it is easy to pick up a retail size 44 6200 slap Biggio on the jersey and fake some wear to make it look game used. We all know that few 6200 do make it into Gamer use but IMO I would never buy a star player game used 6200 unless I have absolute proof that it was worn by the player.

Wink Re: 2001 Craig Biggio Game used Jersey - NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHater View Post
    I think what he is saying is 44 is a size anyone can buy at retail therefore could try and turn into a fake gamer. Yes 44 is a size players do wear but it is easy to pick up a retail size 44 6200 slap Biggio on the jersey and fake some wear to make it look game used. We all know that few 6200 do make it into Gamer use but IMO I would never buy a star player game used 6200 unless I have absolute proof that it was worn by the player.
    Thanks, Bama. I appreciate the response. I'm trying to actually protect my own interests here! Lol! Years ago I purchased 2 Rickey Henderson jerseys that came directly from his company. One is a 6200 and the other is an 0062. I too was skeptical about the 6200, but knowing where they came from, the personal tailoring, the wear, and last and probably least, the autograph, I decided not to pass it up. Especially after I learned that it was not uncommon for these numbered jerseys to be actual gamers.
    Dan

Banned

Exclamation Re: 2001 Craig Biggio Game used Jersey - NOT!

Dan
    Dan:

All sizes arer available for players to wear. The authentic jerseys (normally 6200s) made for retail sale only make every OTHER size available. You can buy a 40, 44, 48 or 52 in a retail store. You can't buy a 42, 46 (which Biggio reportedly wore at the time) or a 50.

Again, exceptions can and do happen, but I would avoid any major name jersey with the 6200 interior tag...the chances of it truly being worn are far outweighed by the more obvious possibilities...try selling that jersey down the road with collectors tuned in on 0062 jerseys.

Dave Miedema

You are mistaken if you think that 6200's are only retail. There have been a lot of 6200 game worn jerseys. The Dodgers were one team that comes to mind. It's amazing how many good pieces you could pick up because other collectors live and die by the 6200/0062 theory and were afraid to bid. I learned this from Dave M. and other members right here. With this particular Biggio jersey, I would go by what Frik thinks. Her knowledge is tops with Astros jerseys. (at least I think so!)
    I think alot of people missed the point - here we have a 6200 jersey with a Fresh washtag with the use of jersey that has been used all yr. It is possible for a player to wear a 6200 but for biggio - no way.

Frik - are you really suprised that les has not received his money back on this jersey?? I'm not! Oh & ck out the "DK" Biggio hat on eBay, stay far far away. I don't want to be the guy with more bad news.. Email if anyone has any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Texstros View Post
    I think alot of people missed the point - here we have a 6200 jersey with a Fresh washtag with the use of jersey that has been used all yr. It is possible for a player to wear a 6200 but for biggio - no way.

Frik - are you really suprised that les has not received his money back on this jersey?? I'm not! Oh & ck out the "DK" Biggio hat on eBay, stay far far away. I don't want to be the guy with more bad news.. Email if anyone has any questions.
    The seller's silence at this point speaks volumes. It's been over two months since he promised to refund Les for the bad jersey, yet Les has yet to see a dime of the money. Is this what a 100% lifetime guarantee of authenticity means? The seller hasn't even responded to this thread in ages, but now posts in the Collector to Collector Classifieds? If the Biggio jersey is fake, how can we trust that any of his other items are real? If it were me, I would stay far, far away!
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

The seller has been issued a refund. I promised to issue a refund, which I did. I was working with the seller on the purchase of other itemsm, which have been completed. These were private dealings and none of your business.

As for my silence, I rarely come to this board anymore. I was unaware an update was needed by those people on this board that continue to try and bait people and cause problems. At no point was I contacted by anymore prior to this thread being started or continued, a direct violation of forum rules.