Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Hines Ward game used pics

When I buy GU direct from the team or player, usually I do not personally care if I can match it up exactly, since I know they are legit. But since you were so curious, I did some research...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

the bottom end of the cross looks much thicker in the photo than on the glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    When I buy GU direct from the team or player, usually I do not personally care if I can match it up exactly, since I know they are legit. But since you were so curious, I did some research...
    I'm pretty sure that those are actually different gloves. Couple differences:

1) On yours, the horizontal part of the cross appears to be in the top half of the white square, while in the picture, it appears to be in the bottom half.

2) Under the bottom of the vertical line, there is a decent amount of white on your glove. In the picture there appears to be little if any.

3) The 'J' and the 'W' appear to be closer to the horizontal line on your glove than in the picture.

Nice gloves, though! I have no reason to doubt that they are game worn, I just don't think that's a photo match.

Thanks for the clarification, LWMM. Yeah, I have no doubt they are real, either, being they are directly from the player's site. Honestly, I could care less for an exact "photo match"; guess that was poor terminology to use.

I found another pict that looks close to what I own, but again, when I look at the slight differences you pointed out, it seems to be the case with this photo as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

While photomatching is imprecise because even if the item was suppossed to be worn in a specific game and the pics one can find don't match up it does not mean that said player did not change jerseys, gloves, cleats or whatever during that game. Also sometimes photos unless they are up close shots it is very hard to tell if something matches up. That being said I disagree with the statement that if you buy directly from the team player you know they are real. There have been many instances of players and teams selling items as game used that were not. For example the Brett Farve jersey scandal that is well documented on here and SCD, or some of Arods items or I believe the Jets were selling jerseys as gamers that werent several years ago before they hooked up with JO. To stick ones head in the sand in this hobby is very dangerous.

Hey all...I've enclosed my pics for your viewing. The pic of the cleats is of the pair I just received. And the photo of Hines Ward is from the 11-28-10 game in Buffalo, NY. If you look at the end of his right cleat in the front, you'll see black staining consistent with that of the cleats I received. I couldn't get the picture big enough, but it came from GettyImages. If you go there, you can upsize the pic and you'll see it plain as day. I'll be seeing Hines in person in a few months. I will get his confirmation one way or the other. The last pic is of my son Bryce, Bradshaw and I. I've met him twice now. First time he was a real a**hole and the second time, probably because of my son, he couldn't have been any nicer. I'm willing to talk Steelers football anytime.....LambertIsGod58@yahoo.com

Name:  terry_bradshaw_and_customer_march_2010.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  13.3 KB

Name:  Hines Ward.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  12.0 KB

Name:  Game used Ward cleats.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  59.3 KB

Great picture with you and your son! Glad to hear Terry was nice (for once) that day with your boy present. As a fellow Penn Stater as well, love the hat! Nice to see you got the shoes from Hines. I will respond to your email with some of my Steelers player photos.

Quote Originally Posted by lambertisgod58 View Post
    gonna see Hines at a signing in April in NJ. Hoping to get his guarantee that these were his. Plus some pics with him and the cleats/gloves. These are for my 6yr old son. We were at that game. He doesn't know he's getting them yet. What I would have done for a game used anything from the likes of ANY of the 70's Steelers.......
    As painful as it is being a Bengals fan to compliment the Steelers, it is so nice seeing those gathering the winners' gear doing it for all the right reasons! Wishing you and your son the very best! In some small way, I wish I'd been so blessed to be born a Steeler fan! I root for Roethlisberger as a Miami alum, but I, and my kids, are loyal Bengal lifers.

I do feel very fortunate that I chose to be a Steelers fan when I was very young. Not only because of the success they've had, but because of the quality players we've had over the years. Enduring the 80's as a Steelers fan wasn't easy. The Steelers of the 70's will never be duplicated. Although I dislike every team in the ol' AFC Central and now the AFC North, I respect every team. And there are players on other teams I do cheer for.....Terrell Owens, Ray Lewis.

so right now, it's just Hines Ward selling his own items or are other Steelers available through their own website?