• Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Re: Hines Ward game used pics

Originally posted by yankees24
    were they game used or game model?
    Used I believe one went for like 6 grand the other about 1/2 that.

Comment

• bondsfan
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

They actually didn't get most of what they expected to. Neither Polamalu, Roethlisberger or Woodley was offered. They got a Harrison jersey in and the Holmes, Parker and Carter stuff that was offered on the site. That is pretty much it.

Comment

• Shipp_96
        • Feb 2011

Thanks for the clarification, bondsfan, that was my understanding as well, except for the Harrison jersey.

Speaking of James Harrison:
        JO did, however, just have a Harrison game worn helmet that must have lasted all of five seconds before being bought. It had no picture, went for $5000 and now all references to it are gone on their site. I really hope they put up the photos, even under the sold Steelers section, as I would love to see the details of the helmet.

Comment

• bondsfan
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

That helmet wasn't sold and is not in their possession yet. It was a listing error

Comment

• mbenga28
            • Nov 2008

I have a question, if it's so hard to get Steelers game used items where are these other so called "game jerseys" you see listed on Ebay and other auction houses coming from? Are they being leaked from somewhere?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
              Banned
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by bondsfan
              They actually didn't get most of what they expected to. Neither Polamalu, Roethlisberger or Woodley was offered. They got a Harrison jersey in and the Holmes, Parker and Carter stuff that was offered on the site. That is pretty much it.
              Like I said Im not a Steelers fan or collector I just repeated the email I got and a conversation I had with another member. Big Ben cleats were twice sold on NFL Auctions in 2009. They were game used signed and pink for breast cancer month. I believe a towel was offered as well. Granted these are not the most desirable items out there but at least it was something. Eventually all these guys stuff will hit the market. Before this year the Ravens and Packers were impossible to find. I mean when did you see a Reed or Lewis jersey? Now they are available and in this hobby once you take the genie out of the bottle he seldom is put back in, especially when there is huge money to be made. If I were a Steeler collector I would contact the agents of my favorite players and see if I could persuade them with cash to part with a jersey or something.

Comment

Working...