Name:  Hines Ward 2.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  cleats.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  54.4 KB

Here are some pics....

Re: Hines Ward game used pics

That was a sweet set on JOS, especially being signed for that particular game!

I have a pair from the 2009 season of Hines GU gloves coming tomorrow as well, I will post some picts once I receive them.

Really would love to get some of his GU cleats, but they are simply out of my price range for now.

Great pickup.

gonna see Hines at a signing in April in NJ. Hoping to get his guarantee that these were his. Plus some pics with him and the cleats/gloves. These are for my 6yr old son. We were at that game. He doesn't know he's getting them yet. What I would have done for a game used anything from the likes of ANY of the 70's Steelers.......

That's what got me started! Not a gamer, but when I was a kid (raised in western PA), my Dad took me to training camp in Latrobe at St.Vincent's in '79 and '80, great years as that was the Steelers team!

I still have those photos of me and Franco, Lambert "or Mr. Lambert" as I was told by Jack with a stern laugh. My favorite memory was of Bennie Cunningham, a guy my Dad was not fond of due to drops and injury. But my father, a small man at 5'6" on a good day, was holding me on his shoulders to get a better view of the camp field. Bennie walked by, asked if it were OK, and put me on his shoulder pads down to the field to shake hands and get my football signed with Franco, Ham, Lambert, Bennie and John Stallworth.

I was only 8, but I remember that day pretty vividly, and have been a die-hard Stillers fan ever since. I met Hines two years ago at a signing. Very nice guy, loves his fans.

WOW!! great story and even better memories. Cunningham was pretty good from what I can remember. I've been very fortunate to have had the opportunities to have met quite a few Steelers over the years. Lambert being my favorite and Franco a close second.

As promised, my Hines Ward signed game used gloves from '09 season. Got them today, and LOVE them! Fairly easy photo match, he wore them most of the season. Been a pretty crap week for me (and not just the Super Bowl result), so these were a welcome addition. Very happy with these, now saving for a pair of GU cleats!

Also, lambertisgod58, I agree with you that Franco and Jack are two of the nicer 70's HOF Steelers. I re-meet them at signings recently, both were very accommodating about taking photos with them, talking with you for a couple minutes, etc. I would put Greg Lloyd and Rod Woodson up there as well. Hines, The Bus, Mike Wallace, Ryan Clark and Lamar Woodley would be next on my list of modern players that were nice. Troy seemed nice, but he is so introverted that it seems painful for him to be the center of attention in public without the uniform on.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by lambertisgod58 View Post
    gonna see Hines at a signing in April in NJ. Hoping to get his guarantee that these were his. Plus some pics with him and the cleats/gloves. These are for my 6yr old son. We were at that game. He doesn't know he's getting them yet. What I would have done for a game used anything from the likes of ANY of the 70's Steelers.......
    As painful as it is being a Bengals fan to compliment the Steelers, it is so nice seeing those gathering the winners' gear doing it for all the right reasons! Wishing you and your son the very best! In some small way, I wish I'd been so blessed to be born a Steeler fan! I root for Roethlisberger as a Miami alum, but I, and my kids, are loyal Bengal lifers.