Name:  Hines Ward 2.jpg
Views: 951
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  cleats.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  54.4 KB

Here are some pics....

Re: Hines Ward game used pics

That was a sweet set on JOS, especially being signed for that particular game!

I have a pair from the 2009 season of Hines GU gloves coming tomorrow as well, I will post some picts once I receive them.

Really would love to get some of his GU cleats, but they are simply out of my price range for now.

Great pickup.

gonna see Hines at a signing in April in NJ. Hoping to get his guarantee that these were his. Plus some pics with him and the cleats/gloves. These are for my 6yr old son. We were at that game. He doesn't know he's getting them yet. What I would have done for a game used anything from the likes of ANY of the 70's Steelers.......

That's what got me started! Not a gamer, but when I was a kid (raised in western PA), my Dad took me to training camp in Latrobe at St.Vincent's in '79 and '80, great years as that was the Steelers team!

I still have those photos of me and Franco, Lambert "or Mr. Lambert" as I was told by Jack with a stern laugh. My favorite memory was of Bennie Cunningham, a guy my Dad was not fond of due to drops and injury. But my father, a small man at 5'6" on a good day, was holding me on his shoulders to get a better view of the camp field. Bennie walked by, asked if it were OK, and put me on his shoulder pads down to the field to shake hands and get my football signed with Franco, Ham, Lambert, Bennie and John Stallworth.

I was only 8, but I remember that day pretty vividly, and have been a die-hard Stillers fan ever since. I met Hines two years ago at a signing. Very nice guy, loves his fans.

WOW!! great story and even better memories. Cunningham was pretty good from what I can remember. I've been very fortunate to have had the opportunities to have met quite a few Steelers over the years. Lambert being my favorite and Franco a close second.

As promised, my Hines Ward signed game used gloves from '09 season. Got them today, and LOVE them! Fairly easy photo match, he wore them most of the season. Been a pretty crap week for me (and not just the Super Bowl result), so these were a welcome addition. Very happy with these, now saving for a pair of GU cleats!

Also, lambertisgod58, I agree with you that Franco and Jack are two of the nicer 70's HOF Steelers. I re-meet them at signings recently, both were very accommodating about taking photos with them, talking with you for a couple minutes, etc. I would put Greg Lloyd and Rod Woodson up there as well. Hines, The Bus, Mike Wallace, Ryan Clark and Lamar Woodley would be next on my list of modern players that were nice. Troy seemed nice, but he is so introverted that it seems painful for him to be the center of attention in public without the uniform on.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Those gloves are real cool. Anything Steelers tends to make things a little bit better for me too. I agree with your point of view on the Steelers you mentioned. The ones I could care less for, as far as the ones I've met, are Swann and Blount. Both very egotistical. Not worth my time or money.

I hope its alright but i just had to tune in.As i read you guys talking steelers football and just had to talk about my experience.Me and my girlfriend went to the steelers super bowl reuinon show in pittsburgh in the summer of 1999.And it was our first time meeting any steelers.And i got to meet my boyhood heros jack lambert and the last great mike webster.I had been told horror stories about lambert,that he is moody at shows etc.But he was really nice to me,and i was telling him how much he ment to me.And they lady running the table said "we have to keep the line going".And mr lambert said to her,"its my line and i'll tell you when to keep it moving,i am talking to butch right now.He called me by name and i thought that was just classie.And meeting mike webster,i had tears in my eyes.I could tell he was hurting and my friend took a photo of me and him shaking hands.And mr webster said "oh,i'll stand up".And i told him,no you dont have to stand up for me and it was a honor just to finally meet you.And he told me the honor was all mine.The disapointment was terry bradshaw,who would'nt even turn to look at my girlfriend when she got our photo signed.And yes lynne swann was a little of a ego,as i was taking photos of my photo being signed and he said,"i think you took enough photos".Sorry i went off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by lambertisgod58 View Post
    Those gloves are real cool. Anything Steelers tends to make things a little bit better for me too. I agree with your point of view on the Steelers you mentioned. The ones I could care less for, as far as the ones I've met, are Swann and Blount. Both very egotistical. Not worth my time or money.

Hey lambertisgod58 & jobathenut,

Definitely not a private conversation; the more Steeler fans the merrier . Great stories from both of you guys! Always love to talk to fellow Steeler fans. I have pictures of Iron Mike Webster from camp back in '80, but never really got to talk to him (from what I can recall). A real shame how it all ended for him. And I think Jack gets a bad rap, because I met him twice recently and both times it was a pleasure.

Shame what you say about Blount, lambertisgod58, because he was always one of my favorite players to watch, and he charges next to nothing for a HOFer. Never got him though. Swann, now he charges an OUTRAGEOUS rate, so I never dreamed of getting him. I think, really, why so much? Stallworth was better than you, truth be told. jobathenut, I have heard Bradshaw is kind of an SOB, but I did snap a pict of him at a recent show (for free), because again, he charges WAY too much.

It's curious you both say the same thing about Swann. I had a buddy, when I lived in California, and he loathed Swann. He was an SC grad too, and just talked venomously about Lynn. Guess there was something to it after all.

I had two players that were jerks, LC Greenwood, and James Harrison. Now Greenwood nearly ran me over at training camp way back when, and he treated everyone pretty much like ants. And James, he was kind of OK, but his agent was a 5'0", loud mouth a-hole that was just a prick. And though I got my helmet signed, I heard many people never got there things signed, as he came late and left early. I felt Santonio Holmes was indifferent. Did not look up for a pict, did not smile. And I was one of maybe fifteen people that got him (pre-Super Bowl MVP). Don't really miss him being a Steeler.

So did your son enjoy the Buffalo game? I remember my first live game with my Dad, Steelers-Chiefs. Mark Malone , and aging John Stallworth and Lambert losing on a blocked FG, blocked punt and kickoff return. Still was awesome, at Three Rivers, no less.

Sheesh, I could be on here all day! If either of you guys want to email me personally and talk more, my email is: ttorina23@excite.com. I have some cool photos of myself and many of the Steelers I could swap!

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    As promised, my Hines Ward signed game used gloves from '09 season. Got them today, and LOVE them! Fairly easy photo match, he wore them most of the season.
    Am I missing something? I see a style match but no photo match...