Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you like your stuff signed or unsigned?

I was wondering how do all you guys like your game used stuff? Signed or not signed. I personally don't like it. I think it takes something away from the jersey, helmet, or w/e one might have game used. I like it to be as close to the thing that was on the field as possible. So i was wondering do you like it signed or even maybe getting it signed yourself? I would like to hear some stories and opinions.

Banned

Re: Do you like your stuff signed or unsigned?

I personally like my items signed. To me its kind of a mix of the thought that the player was able to see his item again and approve that it is actually an item they used

It depends, for me personally. If it is something from a player I love, then I do like it being signed. I think it adds to it. However, if it's from a generic player, one I'm not enamored with, or time frame, then a signature does me no good.

An example of this is I just got a pair of Hines Ward GU gloves, and love that they are signed being a Steelers fan. I also bought some Mike Williams (Tampa) Syracuse GU gloves, not signed, glad they are not.

I also collect NAVY game used helmets, jerseys, cleats, what ever, since I live in Annapolis and can buy direct from the team. I have none of these items signed. But if I were to get a Ricky Dobbs item this year, I would like that signed, because he was my favorite and a class guy for the Midshipman.

That's my two cents.

Signed.

It stinks because I love all the bats in this photo, and sometimes they are cheaper not signed. But it looks incomplete. How would I ever get Griffey? Also Jeter is wayyyyy overpriced.. and Sammy Sosa has fallen off the planet. I try to buy my items already signed.

-Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

signed definately.

the few bats that hang on my walls that are not signed just drive me nuts.

In the Hockey community, signed usually drops the value like a stone when it comes to jerseys. People sheepishly admit it when something is signed then quickly offer 10 ways to remove it lol
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Unsigned. For some reason i don't like the fact that a game used item is signed. i feel it takes away from the bat some way........

I like it signed, esspecially if I can get it in person from the athlete.

I really think to each his /her own when it comes to GU items being signed. I personally think if you are gonna get a GU item (jersey, helmet, shoes, gloves, etc.) signed you really need a good detailed signature. Get it done in person were the player can take his time. Not a spur of the moment thing. I think it adds alot of value to the item with it being signed. Take for instance any Michael Jordan GU item. It almost always adds value to the item. As for me with my UGA GU Items I usually try and get the items signed. the players are always intrigued at How I got it? And they sometimes even remember that particular Jersey or Helmet. It kind of binds us together. So I say Signed......

I like it signed providing I have obtained the sig myself. I would never buy anything already signed unless it had iron clad COA/LOA.

Mark.