Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Some Good Info For Autograph Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    What kind of cards are you having certified? Cards you had autographed in person or cards pulled from packs autographed?
    The more I read that site, it seems to be a propaganda tool to drive up their own business. They get out of hand on some of the items, they describe a yankee ball as being no good, when it clearly is legit from the 1996-1997 era... Ill take it with a grain of salt.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    What kind of cards are you having certified? Cards you had autographed in person or cards pulled from packs autographed?
    Pre-90's rookie cards I got signed in person and through mail-order. These are the only cards I collect, in fact I am looking to sell my entire collection of everything else.

I believe psa dna will outlast the jsa/bgs partnership, so I would rather get my cards certified by psa dna, but some of my cards would receive high grades as would the autos on them, so it's unfortunate that psa dna doesn't offer that service.

but some of my cards would receive high grades as would the autos on them, so it's unfortunate that psa dna doesn't offer that service.
    Didn't PSA previously offer that service, where they would grade the card & auto?

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    Didn't PSA previously offer that service, where they would grade the card & auto?
    I'm not sure if they previously did, but I called them to find out if they do that now and the response was no, they only grade either the auto or card. The rep didn't have a reason, and it seemed like she thought there would be no good reason for not being able to grade both.

On another note, I believe autograph alert took the uda stickers off the items, so jsa didn't know they were uda. Jsa would never say they failed the items because they were authenticated by morales. Instead, they would simply say the autographs examined didn't match known exemplars for the reasons listed on the rejection letters. If anything in the article is true, it's a pathetic situation.

I'm not sure if they previously did, but I called them to find out if they do that now and the response was no, they only grade either the auto or card. The rep didn't have a reason, and it seemed like she thought there would be no good reason for not being able to grade both.
    I'm pretty sure they did, but have no idea when they stopped. I'd contemplated sending a few of my mintier signed cards, many years ago, but never did.

Isn't this a graded auto card?

Yes, the condition of the card is graded an 8, but the autograph is not graded. If the auto were graded, it would say "auto grade only" but since it doesn't say that, the grade is for the condition of the card itself.

If the card and auto were both graded, there would be two separate grades, like the jsa/bgs holders have for their auto and card grading service. I've never seen an auto card certified by psa dna with two separate grades for the auto and card condition.

I've never seen an auto card certified by psa dna with two separate grades for the auto and card condition.
    Yeah, I've never seen two grades either. I was just referring to the above type of card where the auto passed and the card was graded too. Do you know if they still do that?

Grading an auto is pretty subjective.

Banned

I don't know why you would need an autograph grade for an in-person autograph, but that is just my opinion only.

I don't know why you would need an autograph grade for an in-person autograph, but that is just my opinion only.
    Like anything (car, card, coin) a higher grade will most likely lead to a higher selling price.

Indeed, especially on older sigs a high grade will fetch much more.

Greg, yes they are still doing the service your gretzky got. However, I believe all signed cards go through psa dna even if you just want the card graded and not the auto authentication because you got it in person. I think if someone sends a signed card to psa it will automatically go through psa dna and if the auto is deemed not authentic, they won't slab it even if all you wanted was the card to be graded.

Makes sense to do it that way, otherwise it would cause confusion among collectors who see the card slabbed and automatically think the auto is genuine.