Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Red Sox Jersey Wear

My question is this?

How much wear should a Red Sox Alternate jersey show? I don't know why, but I've seen several of these alternates come out during the past few months. I believe I've seen 2-3 Nomars, a Damon, and a Schill. I'm sure that it just depends, but how many jerseys were each player known to wear.

The photos posted are from a current auction, and are very similar to the photos I've seen in the past of the Nomar jerseys. This is the first Schil Alternate jersey I've seen. The Nomars all show minimal if any wear, while the Curt Schilling jersey shows the type of wear one would expect. Honestly, I can't recall ever seeing a Nomar jersey with much more wear than these show, irregardless of the team he played for. His Cubs ones look just as fresh and crisp as these do. But his Dodgers one that recently sold did show some o.k. wear. So is the lack of wear on these Alternates a call for concern, did he simply not wear them more than a few times, or do the wash tags hold up much better than one would expect for the first few times?

I want it to be known that I am NOT saying the photos posted on here are of bogus jerseys. I am NOT questioning their authenticity, but simply wanting to be a more informed collector.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/