Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

kile bat is he on crack

check out this link i do beleive the seller is on crack
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Darryl-Kile-Auto...QQcmdZViewItem
    i just sent them a message stating how many Mantle bats I could get for the price of his kile bat is he nuts?

Re: kile bat is he on crack

My favorite part about this, is even if you were to send this person 100,000, which obviously nobody will, they still want another $3.85 for shipping. This is another reason why some of your best comedy is on ebay.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that this bat is priced a bit high. I wonder if the seller will contact you and try to somehow explain his reasoning? As tragic as what happened to Darryl Kile is, there are many deceased former MLB players and very, very few had bats that would command that kind of dollar.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Banned

My favorite part is in the description he says he sends it to you in a plastic tube. For the price he listed it for he could at lease send it to you in a glass case lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    My favorite part is in the description he says he sends it to you in a plastic tube. For the price he listed it for he could at lease send it to you in a glass case lol lol
    Suave,

At that price he may want to contract delivery through Brinks Armored and provide a custom display vault for protection of this bat lol. But in all seriousness, you are right, he could at least provide a glass case.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Banned

I emailed the seller on this bat as I personally would be interested in it if it was at a reasonable price.

I emailed him asking if he is flexible on his asking price this was his response.

" I am more than serious. I will not let this bat go for anything less. DK was a friend and the fact that it is for sale makes me feel bad enough. i have done research on dk bats.... there are none. i will throw in a 4 ft by 8 ft new york met flag that hung at the old busch stadium and pay for shipping. that is the best i can do!"

Looks like he is pretty serious!!!

I bought a signed Kile gamer (from the 2000 season) on eBay last September for $355. It had a Cardinals LOA and a photo of Kile signing it (I also knew the seller and knew the bat and signature were good). I thought I got a bargain... but I didn't realize HOW good a deal I got! (Ha)

For the record, Kile had one order of R205 bats -- 12 shipped on May 3, 2001 (not 2002). The only bats he received after 9/26/01 were H238 models (18 cupped, 12 uncupped).

Interesting side note: Kile's shipping records show 24 bats (H238, 34", 0.0 oz., not cupped) on 6/27/02, five days after he died. Something to be aware of if you ever come across a Kile bat.

Jeff
    http://www.birdbats.com

Banned

Birdbats are you saying the particualr bat being offered could not have been his last bat? becuz that year he didnt order those bats?

Banned

this was his response when i asked if he could do better and that i could get a few mantle bats for the same price

did mantle die during the season? and how many mantle bats are out there? because i have found one dk bat. and i know that is a homerun scuff because dk showed me.

He really is serious though i will have to keep an eye on this bat in the future as he drops the price to sell it

Banned

came down from 70,000 open to 7,000 open allready pretty big change allready soon itll be 700 open then 70 which is about right