Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Vladimir Guerrero 1st Rangers bat

I just purchased a Vladimir Guerrero bat and I was told that it was used in his 1st game with the Rangers. Which would be March 4, 2010 in Spring Training and I have put a few photos on here of what I belive to be a match and one that I need an opinion on. If anyone could give me any opinions it would be great! Or help me find some better photos from the first few spring training games. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Vladimir Guerrero 1st Rangers bat

I don't see any match, maybe you can point out what you see.

Banned

On the first picture it is the black mark in the tar and how far up the trinity label the tar goes up. And on the second one it kind of looks like the marks are in the same spot. Also do you Vladimir experts think the autograph is authentic?

I'm pretty sure the ink spot is going to be on any maple bat to make sure the slope of the grain is OK and his pine tar application would probably look like that on most of his bats. I don't see where the marks match up on the other pics, but maybe some better pics of your bat would be helpful in ruling it out.

I actually agree with you, but not off of these pictures.... if you look on getty the bat takes a beating throughout March. In late March, there are photos that look like a match do to the blue marks on the barrel, your photomatch is going to come on the first regular season game I bet.

Im too lazy to post right now the photos, but Its a nice bat. The photos you provided though don't show the match, its later, check March 18th-20th area.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Banned

I looked at the photos o vladdys bat from the 18th through 20th and it looks like it has a ring on it. And I can't find a good match to the first regular season game?

what does the knob look like?

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto

Banned

Here's the knob...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cant find a match, sorry man... Is it cracked? I watched his first AB for the rangers during the regular season, hes using that model, but I cant tell... it sounds like he cracks it on the first at bat though.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tony Servitto

Banned

It is cracked. I looked at clips from the first regular season game and in his first at bat isnt he using a two tone bat?