Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Shipping a baseball

Simple question: Where is a good place to find small boxes for shipping a baseball? Can they be purchased for relatively cheap? Want to have everything pre-packaged when I get to the post office and used up everything around the house or at work.

Thanks!!

Re: Shipping a baseball

UPS sells 4x4x4 boxes for like 30 cents.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Simple question: Where is a good place to find small boxes for shipping a baseball? Can they be purchased for relatively cheap? Want to have everything pre-packaged when I get to the post office and used up everything around the house or at work.

Thanks!!
    For single baseballs, I use 400-count baseball set boxes. Never a complaint and I must have shipped out a few thousand baseballs (and hockey pucks) in them over the years.

For multiple baseball orders, you have to use Priority Mail, so I'd go with:

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/sto...WT.ac=10000244

You can ship 3-4 balls or more in a box such as this.

Also, if you are shipping Priority Mail, pay your postage online and you save a little money, but you get free delivery confirmation. It is quick and easy to use and you print your label right from home!

Thanks dudes

Check USPS.com they have small priority mail boxes, you dont want the flat rate ones, they will nicely fit a ball, best of all they are free and they will ship to you FREE!!

I use ULine for my boxes and generally use a 6x4x4 which I like because I can wrap a FedEx label around it.

http://www.uline.com/product/BoxListing1.htm
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

USPS.com offers a 7x6x6 Priority Mail box on their site - it's called Box4. You can also get the Express or Priority Mail Tyvek mailers for free and can put the ball in one and use another to fill space and your packing costs are zero.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I use ULine for my boxes and generally use a 6x4x4 which I like because I can wrap a FedEx label around it.

http://www.uline.com/product/BoxListing1.htm
    Uline is a great company. I went to high school with the Uhline kids and I think the company took off a few years after they graduated. They ship orders over $300.00 for free generally also.

Quote Originally Posted by shafrancollectibles.com View Post
    USPS.com offers a 7x6x6 Priority Mail box on their site - it's called Box4. You can also get the Express or Priority Mail Tyvek mailers for free and can put the ball in one and use another to fill space and your packing costs are zero.
    This was the box I set up a link for above, but I see the link was just to the USPS.com supply web site now. These boxes are the best for shipping balls in boxes that weigh more than 13 ounces.

Banned

You can get boxes for free. Just go to a local retail store i.e. supermarket, party goods stores, Target, most will give you boxes they no longer need and many such boxes fit baseballs.