Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Manny jersey - Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Being a big Indians collector and having searched for a good Ramirez Indians jersey for years, I have also looked into this jersey. While my understanding is that it sources from the team originally, I agree with Steve's assesment that this is not the jersey pictured in the card. The patch location is just not correct and my understanding is that the patch does not show evidence of restoration. Ramirez only played in 22 games that year making it unlikely that this was worn, in my opinion.

It appears the Indians repurposed the 1993 jerseys for Spring Training in 1994 as they changed the jersey design for the opening of Jacobs Field. Below is an image of Ramirez from ST in 1994 wearing a 1993 jersey. Notice the Olin/Crews patch is not present. It would have made more sense if the Olin/Crews patch was restored given the use in ST but the nameplate restoration remains a mystery. I am a big Indians collector and am still researching the jersey but as of now I am inclined to stay away.

Keith Vari who is with Paragon Auctions called me back on the jersey and he will inspect the sleeve patch tomorrow. He said the #24 is original and shows no sign of any changes.

Certainly, the team could have taken many jerseys of non-veterans who weren't guaranteed to be at Spring Training and removed the patch and maybe even the nameplate which is a viable explanation.

Howard Wolf emailed me that Wochnick at Sports Warehouse also had some 1993 Indians in similar condition and they had new Memorial sleeve patches added back and restoration done by Lon.

Obviously we don't know if this was one of them.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

thought I would post this here for those interested in Manny jerseys. Not mine, but thought someone may want to take a stab at it
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/2234148651.html
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    thought I would post this here for those interested in Manny jerseys. Not mine, but thought someone may want to take a stab at it
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/clt/2234148651.html
    I'm not sure if the jersey is good or not but thats the same seller that claims that all the jerseys he sells with no set # are game used.
    Here is a link
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=41585