Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Help with getting bat signed

In september i'm going to be able to get some items signed by jim thome. I have 4 unsigned thome bats. I'm not sure which one's to get signed i have a 01 Indians bigstick, the cracked white sox lvs i posted earlier a uncracked blonde white sox gamer and a Thome two tone bigstick rookie bat from 91 I'd love to get the rookie bat signed but his signature has changed since and was wondering what you guys thought about having a rookie era GU item with a latter day signature on it? any help would be appreciated thanks

Re: Help with getting bat signed

Just my thoughts, but as much as I would like to have a rookie era bat signed by a current star player, when the time of ten to fifteen years has elapsed and or the players autograph has changed since his rookie years, I would personally not get that item signed. I peronally don't like recent autographs on my older game used items. Just my thoughts although you have to do what will make you happy.

Thanks
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Just gotta get what you like the best. I'm in the camp that wouldn't get a game used bat signed. But if I were to pick, I'd get the all star game one signed and have him inscribed 2006 all star, our something like that on it. Then with your video match on it, makes it more unique......

Is he doing a signing in Sept. ? Cause I heard from a reliable source that the is selling his house in Ohio....

Banned

just outside of the jake i usually don't have a problem with getting him to sign for me

Banned

i should buy his house talk about the ultimate collectible having a players home

I agree with the previous poster about not having any game used bats signed.But if you had to have one it would be the All Star bat.
    jon

Banned

the only reason I like them signed is to help authenitcate them and when signed right they to me enhance the appearence im not getting the rookie bat signed for sure. i guess this is one fo those things where everyone has their own preference thanks again for the help any other suggestions would be great