Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Jose Canseco game used jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by mailman93 View Post
    any Canseco gamers out there? paying top $ for Canseco gamers from any team. thanks Dan
    Bricol auctions just had a game used Canseco jersey that recently ended.

Heres the link: http://www.bricolsportsauction.com/i...TEMS&ItemID=33

Bobby

wow..another "2 90" home canseco.

if i didn't know better i'd swear everyone's just passing around scoreboard shirts.

rudy.

Banned

.....and yet another Lampson gem!

Likewise, fantastic description including, "Shows light game use with some interior label puckering". Whew-for a minute, I was not sure if it was even legit, but this sure puts me at ease!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

don't know much about baseball stuff, but Universal Rarities has a World Series jersey on there auction site right now

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    don't know much about baseball stuff, but Universal Rarities has a World Series jersey on there auction site right now
    I just wish it wasn't framed. I want to see those tags. That buyers premium hurts too.

-Jason M

isent this the same jersey that was auctioned off awhile back? we discused this in another thread. I don't like that its framed, also the inscription on the jersey. it says 1988 game jersey, not 1988 world series game jersey.

hi dan,

this is indeed the same '88 canseco that was previously discussed. universal rarities auctioned it off on dec 8, 2006 for $2400. now they're auctioning it off again. i wonder why? perhaps the winning bidder didn't pay up. perhaps the winning bidder got the jersey and, for some reason, returned it. here is the original auction:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/...m=170053310797

here is the previous thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ead.php?t=5887

personally, the biggest issue for me isn't the lack of "world series gamer" inscription. if the truth is that this jersey is a regular season gamer that was prepped for the world series but not used in the world series, i'd still be interested in it (as i imagine you would also be, dan. think of it..you could have his 88 WS gamer and his 88 WS issue). the inscription seems to indicate that it's a legit 88 regular season gamer. i'm unsure what to make of the world series patch and/or why canseco didn't inscribe it as a "WS gamer" specifically. perhaps he didn't think of it or perhaps someone received a legit 88 regular season gamer and tried to increase it's value by sewing on a world series patch.

my main concern is whether or not the jersey is glued to the frame, and the fact that you can't see the tags OR the back. i just can't comprehend bidding on a jersey when all you can see is the front of it and you aren't even sure if it's permanently ruined by glue on the back. i think the odds are likely that it's glued to the back.

rudy.

Hey Rudy, thanks for the info. I think I read that the person that won the jersey, was live in person for the auction. if thats true, its werid that he didn't buy it. usually for live auctions, you have too give a credit card for a bidders number. too me and with the inscription, it looks like a 1988 gamer. you cant be 100% sure without seeing the tagging. also like you said Rudy, its framed and probably glued on from the back. I've seen other jerseys, that when taken out of the frame the back is ruined. It's just really werid, that this is the second time they auctioned it off. makes you wonder. thanks Dan

That would be pretty lame if someone just stuck a World Series patch on there to boost the value.

-Jason M

jason off the topic but i know your a kosar fan meet him at a cell phone store thursday night got a bunch of stuff signed there was no line even a pic of me him i got a extra white panel football if intrested email me kosar2579@hotmail.com