Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Life Used" Items

We've seen everyone's game used stuff, but how about "life used". Last year I purchased this and thought it was an interesting coversation piece, something funny to own. Anyone else own anything similar.

Dwight Howard's Costco Card

Re: "Life Used" Items

Great topic.

It seems that everyone around here (Green Bay) owns an item or two that used to belong to Ray Nitchke. They had his estate sale awhile back and people around here have not only his packer related stuff, but also his family pictures, golf clubs, everyday clothing, cuff links, etc etc etc. It's crazy.
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

It's good to see that Dwight Howard is a frugal shopper!
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Does golf qualify as part of life? Not so sure about that...but I am very fond of my three Matt Williams golf bags.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    Does golf qualify as part of life? Not so sure about that...but I am very fond of my three Matt Williams golf bags.

Bores me to death, personally.

Since we are on the topic of life used and golf, I have a Golf Club membership card that belonged to Joe DiMaggio. My sister bought it for me as a birthday gift 8 years ago.

I purchased sev. items from the estate of Woody English years ago, among them were his credit cards (Master Charge); sev. membership cards of all sorts & a signed receipt for a late-'60s Ford Mustang. Jay.

I got an email a few weeks ago from some auction place, offering for sale a huge list of items that hadn't sold at auction, and many of them were advertised as being from the estate of Cy Young. I sent them an email right away, offering to buy several items, including at least one of the estate items, one of those big old-fashioned door keys, and I never heard back from them.

Anyway, I recall that I also have a couple of R.J. Reynolds items - his high school letter jacket, and a gold-colored, monogrammed metal card case with a couple of Japanese bills in it.

Great topic,

On the 'life used' front. I have a few items.

Some I display....

Honus Wagner's telephone ( a personal favorite)
    Honus Wagner's framed newspaper from 1907 that hung in his den talking about when Exposition Park closed. It features some very cool articles and a nice character of him.
    Framed postcards from Honus to his wife from the early 1900's talking about different road stories and baseball.

Some items I wear...

Various articles of clothing from Derek Lee (some nice cashmere sweaters and a very cool custom leather jacket).

And some I use....

Tommy Lee's tour-used drumset from the Generation Swine tour (which is signed on the bass drum). I use this as a gigging drumkit which is always a conversation topic considering the bass drum is 28"!!

Hard to catalog this one, but when I was a young man, they made the movie Slapshot in my Great Uncle's hometown of Johnstown, PA. It was actually shot inside the stadium that still exists there, The War Memorial.

Well, long story short, but that van Paul drives around in the movie? That was my Uncle Joe's van. He kept it and those God awful ugly curtains they added for another decade, because Paul Newman drove his van!