Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

1986 Throwback Mets Jerseys

I saw that they had a big celebration for 86 Mets team this past weekend. They also wore throwbacks from that year in both Saturday and Sunday games. So where do these jerseys end up. MLB.com autions or Steiner. I was thinking they may have made 2 sets, one for each game. Will be interesting where these pop up, if they even do.....

Banned

Re: 1986 Throwback Mets Jerseys

Bob at Steiner has all the 86 Retro jerseys for sale. I received an email from him before the weekend series. I purchased the complete Retro jersey from Orlando Hernandez's win on Sunday. I should be receiving the uniform by the end of the week. Call him because I am sure he has some left.

Thanks,
    Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com

Hi there

Are you able to provide a phone number where I can contact Bob? I am also interested in the turn back the clock to 1986 jerseys.

Many thanks,
    Nick
    TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

"CALL BOB AT STEINER".Listen-How about for once a Steiner GameUsedForum member telling the membership here about a Steiner G/U jersey sale before a unsuspecting memeber asks a question about a jersey that catches his/her attention and then ten members brag about how their jersey is already on their way to their house?

I'm a little pissed off as you can see. I just went on the Steiner web site:
    http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/con...39374254A.ssm2
    and there's nothing of any worth(for" Mets game used "let alone '86 TBC jerseys) but only a game used mets/yanks base from 7-1-06 for $750.00. If any member sees a good sale from Steiner(or"BOB"!) would it be a big deal if they tell the membership or does "BOB" tell people to keep it quiet?

Banned

Swoboda, I didnt appreciate the bragging comment. I was answering a question and trying to be helpful to a fellow member. Also, why dont you take the initiative and log on to Steiners email list. There you will get the butt load of emails that I do and see if you inform EVERYONE on EVERYTHING that comes in. Plus, I got a call from Bob on Friday and the post was either on Monday or Tuesday.

Juan Iglesias
    GrndSlm@aol.com

Juan-to be fair-I don't often log in to Steiners web site. So please accept my apologies if it's public knowledge.I APOLOGIZE. I'm referring more to membership at large. We all alert each other to G/U situations and it seems(I could be wrong) that when Steiner has a special sale it isn't brought to our attention untill well after the sale is more than underway.

I didn't know about Steiner email list either. I just went and signed up. Thanks for the tip.......From past emails from them are they also getting the NY Cubans Negro jerseys they just used against the Nat (who used Grays jerseys).....those looked pretty cool......

Hello to everyone. My name is Brooks Cowan and I am an account executive for Steiner Sports, particularly in the Mets/Steiner collectibles division. I'm new to this forum but had to chime in right away on this post. Yes we at Steiner Sports do have the 1986 throwback jerseys that the Mets wore this weekend. We also have the jerseys that the returning 86 Mets wore for the on field ceremony. I assure you that this is not a top secret sale and they are available to everyone interested. Sorry if you were not aware. These jerseys are going very fast but there are still some great ones available such as David Wright, Jose Reyes and Billy Wagner as well as some lower priced ones like Royce Ring, Mike Defelice and Darren Oliver.

If there is anyone on this forum who would like to be kept in the loop on everything going on with Mets/Steiner and Yankees/Steiner please feel free to e-mail me at bcowan@steinersports.com. I'd be more then happy to put you on my personal e-mail list so you are notified of all future new items and specials. Also I'm always available to answer any questions you may have pertaining to Steiner Sports and our multiple partnerships and incredible products. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

Also I must note that the Mets/Steiner partnership is brand new, it was just officially launched two weeks ago. Our website is updated daily and you will begin to see more and more of the Mets game used items appearing soon.