Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What gives with not showing us your item when you claim you have the real deal and someone else doesn't?

It seems that recently we have had 2 disputes on this board where members have claimed that other members or well respected companies are misrepresenting items they have and that the real item is actually in their possession and not that of the other member/company. While I take no sides in either of those arguments, what I don't understand is that in both cases the folks who are throwing up the red flags are not willing to show us their purported item. Both of whom claim they have photo matches.

If you aren't willing to show your item, which is totally understandable, then why raise the red flag on a public forum? I understand that you may not want people to know or see what you have, but if that is the case, I think it best that you just leave it alone or contact the other party privately.

The other thing that is a bit perplexing to me is that the 2 items in question, while being very cool and not cheap by any standard aren't exactly super high end items likely to be Copied, or sought out for some sort of nefarious activity. We are talking about a bat that on a good day is probably worth a few grand and a helmet that I am guessing is in the same ballpark. I think that if this issues goes to a public forum for all to see, then at least show us some evidence so we can all make an informed decision/judgment.

Apologies if I offended anyone, this is just something that seems a bit odd to me.

Re: What gives with not showing us your item when you claim you have the real deal and someone else doesn't?

I completely agree well said!

Re: What gives with not showing us your item when you claim you have the real deal and someone else doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by therealaxis View Post
    I completely agree well said!
    Wish you could edit...

I forgot to add at least with the helmet situation the op has no problems sending photos to mods instead of expecting people to meet him at a airport 1000's of miles away to see the item in question!

Again - Totally agree with the OP. If you've got the goods, then do share them. It always makes me wonder when people claim they have some really rare item but are unwilling to show pics.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I guess I don't understand why posting the photos of the items is such a big deal? There are countless threads in this forum that members have voluntarily photos posted of items and collections that run the spectrum of value.

In my short time as a member, I don't recall seeing any posts from members claiming someone has mis-appropriated their photos or something bad happenning to their items because they posted them in this forum.

Is it possible he is AFRAID to post it because he believes that it may be proven NOT AUTHENTIC??

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    Is it possible he is AFRAID to post it because he believes that it may be proven NOT AUTHENTIC??
    That's what my thoughts are as well.

The claim always seems to be that they don't want the item or it's features to be 'copied'.

I am certain that posting pics of your items will lead to mass copies going into production... all you have to do is show SOME pics of the item that show the Game Use - you don't necessarily need to show things like writing under the bill that is unique to the player or whatever.

I just don't get it - I've always been more than happy to show pics.

All the best -

Smitty

In reference to that thread from earlier bashing JO, not only is all my GU Jets stuff from them, but the Vice President of the Jets told me himself that all of their game worn stuff goes to JO and that they cannot get me anything through the team because of their contract with JO. Take that for what it's worth.

The other thread was obviously a guy with some time on his hands trying to bad mouth a company he couldn't get a good deal with. It's stuff like that that usually makes me stay away from message boards/chats/forums/etc.

Have a good night.

Banned

Here is our helmet match. we are doing more work on it as we speak. I would love to add more now but we sent the helmet to arenas01 to view.
    Also notice the indention in the decal above the GAL in "Bengals" perfect match. We will post better matches when the helmet is back in our hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The photo match is sweet with the stripes and the stickers acting like pinstripes on a Yankees shirt. We now have one side of the story at least with regards to whose helmet is a photo match! It will be interesting to see how the OP follows this up.

The entire thread is just another example of people speaking before thinking. If someone has a problem go to the moderator first. Years ago I purchased some 49er gamers from someone and they were not quite as advertised. Instead of going " public" I asked for some help via Chris Cav. and guess what- the entire situation was resolved with both parties happy.

Always buying 1994 49ers and ANY shirt with a team letter
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com