Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Holes in a game used bat

I got a smoking deal on the bat. I got it for 170 shipped w/ a pair of Gary Sheffield batting gloves which is a steal of a deal. I just am a little dissapointed that it has the holes in it. I am not a huge Vlad fan, I was just buying it to flip it but it may be hard now with the holes in it. It does have some nice usage on, I just wish I had known it had been possibly displayed.

Guys you not believe this but I believe customs did the damage to my bat. After emailing the guy I bought it from, he threw a fit when he heard about the holes. He said customs did the same thing to a bat he sold a few months back. I got on the internet and found a few similar stories. I guess customs think they have the right to damage my items. I guess they thought the bat housed illegal items. I contacted DHL and they said if I have before and after pics I can file a claim.

Here is a picture of the bat 1 day prior to shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is absolutely absurd!!!!!Isn't that what X ray Machines are for,what makes them think they can just drill in to peoples property??Has anyone else experienced this?

That's crazy stuff. No accountablity either, it seems.

More examples of damage. That is a needle to air up a basketball I placed inside of the holes. Just so everyones knows the package did have a sticker on it that says it was put through an x-ray machine. Why they felt the need to drill into my item I will never know. I just know I am not a happy camper about the damage to my uncracked Vladdy bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

godwulf, if the bat handle is cracked which it looks like it is i would almost bet there are screws under the plugs which the plugs might be wood or putty of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    godwulf, if the bat handle is cracked which it looks like it is i would almost bet there are screws under the plugs which the plugs might be wood or putty of some sort.
    That actually makes sense, in that the "plugs" do correspond to where the crack is. What I can't figure out is why anyone would go to all the trouble of drilling some very precise holes, placing screws in, and then filling the holes with whatever it is, on a bat like this. I mean, this is not the '30s, when guys were known to "repair" a bat by hammering a few nails into it; bats are not that expensive or scarce these days. Whoever did - whatever this is - had to be with the team, since I got the bat from the team, through the team shop. Weird.

Those are patches from a bad repair made by someone who probably put screws in it & then patched w/ plugs. No touch up or blending done.