Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caballosstuff EBay update

Since this was the subject of some discussion, I thought I would give you an update on this guy. I still think he is rock solid honest. I have been wrong before but I have bought four jerseys from him used in the Venezuelen Winter League and they are first rate. I am now photomatching them.

I would post photos of the stitching if i knew how to attach them to the website. Otherwise, if you are interested, I will e-mail them to you. Thanks.

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net

Re: Caballosstuff EBay update

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaDave View Post
    Since this was the subject of some discussion, I thought I would give you an update on this guy. I still think he is rock solid honest. I have been wrong before but I have bought four jerseys from him used in the Venezuelen Winter League and they are first rate. I am now photomatching them.

I would post photos of the stitching if i knew how to attach them to the website. Otherwise, if you are interested, I will e-mail them to you. Thanks.

Dave Silverbrand
    das1721@att.net
    No offence, but based on what? Because you bought 4 jerseys? The problem isnt him or his job but possibly them not being game used or possibly even being blanks with numbers stitched on. Once again the jersey I seen had NO game USE & WAS NEVER WASHED yet the number was washed several times to the point of fraying (yet the front of the jersey was immaculate with not a stitch out of place), and also falling off due to being stitched very poorly. How does every patch on the jersey remain new yet the number isn't?

Also his stories have had many holes in them, like the 6 jerseys per player story 2 home 2 away 2 alt. I have personally seen him sell more than that of one particular player, just so happens to be the one of the hottest players on the team, the one getting the most $.

If you feel comfortable thats cool maybe you got a good one, but others should proceed with caution for all the reasons I mentioned since it dont make sense.

Dave, can you send me pics of the stitching on those jerseys? My email is hramirezh2r@yahoo.com ? Thanks

I'm seding photos of the Caballosstuff jersey stitching to anyone who asks. I am also sending examples of stitiching from the World Champion San Francisco Giants.

Interestingly, the Giants also use individual seamsters to attached the numbers--just as they do in Venezuela. That's the way they do it.

As for the high number of jerseys per player -- maybe they would have a more modest budget if we didn't buy so much of their Venezuelan oil.

Dave Silverbrand

As for the high number of jerseys per player -- maybe they would have a more modest budget if we didn't buy so much of their Venezuelan oil.

Dave Silverbrand
    So they dont have a budget for proper stitching or seamstress on the jersey I seen but they have enough to buy an abundance of one players jerseys for a tournament which only last few weeks? I think we are going to have to agree to disagree here Dave.

I now wish I took pictures to show you since I feel you dont understand how off this jersey was. It looked like the numbers where removed from a heavily worn jersey and then stitched on to this brand new off the hanger jersey. The wash tags on the collar where as new as you can get with zero signs of being washed. Yet the numbers where clearly washed (and faded) with fraying along the yellow outer stitch.

Is all your stitching one color on the number? cause the one I seen had around 6 different colors. It was as if the person ran out of the proper color and was using what ever was left over. It literally had 3 inches of purple then it would end like either it broke or they just ran out of that color and then another odd color would start. Then to top it off the thread wasn't secured with a knot or anything like any seamstress would use, it was an extremely amateur job making the number literally fall off from this.

Well, I think disagreement is fun. It's acutally good for the hobby. I'm sure I've got some real duds in my jersey collection.

I took pictures of both my Venezuelan jersey and my Giants jersey. Both had numbers sewn on by someone other than the manufacturer. What I am saying is that major league teams apparently use the same sewing process as the Venezuelan Winter League --although I'm not sure since I wasn't there.

I would be happy to check things out in person, though. Round-trip airfare to Caracas is about $1200 -- so if you want to contribute to my ticket fund, you are more than welcome.

By the way, is anyone selling jerseys bought from Caballosstuff? I might be interested.

das1721@att.net

Well, I think disagreement is fun. It's acutally good for the hobby. I'm sure I've got some real duds in my jersey collection.

I took pictures of both my Venezuelan jersey and my Giants jersey. Both had numbers sewn on by someone other than the manufacturer. What I am saying is that major league teams apparently use the same sewing process as the Venezuelan Winter League --although I'm not sure since I wasn't there.

I would be happy to check things out in person, though. Round-trip airfare to Caracas is about $1200 -- so if you want to contribute to my ticket fund, you are more than welcome.
    I understand what you are saying. But also consider it was clear the jersey I seen the numbers where stitched by a person who has never touched a sewing machine in their lives before. The stitches where never secured. I find it hard to imagine that Tim Lincecum is using a jersey that if you tug a number with the slightest pull the number will fall off the jersey from not being secured or knotted anywhere.

Super Moderator

I will say he stands behind his jerseys. I had purchased a Montero jersey (ebay) from him. After seeing the number of "opinions" on here, I realized resale will be difficult. He refunded my money and the shipping, nearly a month later. I think that's the unfortunate part for him, if they are legit. I think members are sometimes too quick to chime in on authenticity of items they know little to nothing about. Either way, it's a buyers market right now for these jerseys... if they're the real deal, people are stealing them. Either way, his prices are down to Game Issued at best if not retail jersey prices. He sent me picture after picture of him and mlb stars and a quick search of his name shows his connections. Tough call, I got rid of mine, soley due to the market. I could not have asked for more professionalism and background from the seller.

To Dougieshow,

Thanks for your comments about Caballosstuff. You're correct that it is unfair to just a jersey without seeing it.

You're also right that it is a believer's bonanza.

I also think that debate is good if it doesn't get personal. And I have learned a great deal from people with whom I disagree. I still have an open mind about my jerseys, but I'm also a nut for latin baseball.

Dave Silverbrand