Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Outstanding Duke Snider Bat Restoration

Collectors often ask me whether it is advisable to have a bat repaired or restored, and if so, who can do it. Here are two people whom I am comfortable in recommending, although I have only used one of them myself. First, I have seen several examples of Steve Abramson's work. He does repairs and restorations for JT Sports (John Taube) and the examples I have seen are first-rate.

This month I sent a 1950- 1960 Duke Snider bat to Fred Lowman at "Crack of the Bat" that was in need of some serious restoration. The bat had a piece chipped off the knob, as well as the dreaded 'piece missing' off the the back of the barrel along the grain. Below are pictures of the results, and I could not be more pleased. In addition to outstanding craftsmanship, Fred is one of the most stand-up people in the hobby. You have to appreciate any person who will not invoice you or accept payment "until the bat is completed, returned to you, and you are satisfied with the work."

For future reference, Steve can be reached at 570-897-7226 , and Fred can be reached at 860-379 7094.

Mike jackitout7@aol.com
    Attached Images Attached Images