Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Who here has caught a MLB game home run?

I caught Morgan Ensberg's 1st grand slam when he was still with the Astros. It was hit into the Crawford Boxes. Ended up giving it back to him for an autographed bat and a chance to meet him after BP a few weeks later.

I was fortunate enought to catch Luis Hernandez's first homerun
    during a game an O's game at Camden Yards when they played the Blue Jays.

It was surreal to say the least as I never thought I would get an mlb homerun. Anyways, security came down and asked broguht me to an area behind home plate where I was greeted by someone from PR. I asked for a signed bat in return for the ball.

After the game, I was given a signed bat from Luis (Sam bat!) and two mud rubbed game balls for myself and my brother, who was with me. I was 30 at the time but felt like 13; I guess that is what those experiences do to you - Joe

Banned

I caught a Sammy Sosa foul at spring training in 1991, then got him to autograph a card after the game. He was such a small and skinny guy back then.

Best I could do was a football from a Detroit Drive Arena football league game.
    Larry Pelliccioni

Banned

Smile Re: Who here has caught a MLB game home run?

Larry:

I did get an extra point (kicked by Frank Corral) at a 1983 USFL Chicago Blitz game. And, as shown in another thread, ballhawknet scored a practice kick on Sheffield Avenue before the Northwestern-Illinois game at Wrigley Field last November.

I also know of 2 NFL kicks scored by longtime ballhawk Rich Buhrke on Waveland Avenue during early 1960s Bears games.

Dave Miedema