So, do you guys think this is legit??

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAN-MARINO-Game-...30979228493377

Banned

Re: Dan Marino Gu Jersry On Ebay! Real?

any idea anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by notslip0602286 View Post
    any idea anyone?
    this topic was literally 3 from the top.

I think if anybody here could say for sure it was real they would have bought it by now. If it's real, in my opinion, it's an absolute steal.

Banned

dan makes a great point. a marino jersey is something many of us would love to have but nobody can be sure if this is real and if its real its a steal but if not you wasted four grand. to me its too big a risk. blue chip sports has alot of big name stuff but it never has any provanance and is usually priced below market which worries me. how do they get this stuff if its real? they had a jeter jersey from the steiner years without steiner coa, howd they get that? plus ive been in hobby 20 plus years and never heard of them outside seeing their stuff on ebay. there are marino jerseys out there from mounted memories, a company that marino i believe is on the board of and has had him as exclusive for autographs for years. the last two years they consigned a jersey to hunts superbowl auction so there are chances to get them. otherwise id try to find one with a letter from mears or dave aka soxcubs on here.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    dan makes a great point. a marino jersey is something many of us would love to have but nobody can be sure if this is real and if its real its a steal but if not you wasted four grand. to me its too big a risk. blue chip sports has alot of big name stuff but it never has any provanance and is usually priced below market which worries me. how do they get this stuff if its real? they had a jeter jersey from the steiner years without steiner coa, howd they get that? plus ive been in hobby 20 plus years and never heard of them outside seeing their stuff on ebay. there are marino jerseys out there from mounted memories, a company that marino i believe is on the board of and has had him as exclusive for autographs for years. the last two years they consigned a jersey to hunts superbowl auction so there are chances to get them. otherwise id try to find one with a letter from mears or dave aka soxcubs on here.
    Yep, or try to photomatch that one because it does look like it has some marks on the back. If you do photomatch it, make sure you hit the buy it now before you come back here and post your photos!! Actually, make sure you have the jersey in hand before you post the photos.

Banned

1,800 somebody got a DEAL of a lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    1,800 somebody got a DEAL of a lifetime
    Yeah, exactly. If you had a legit signed game used Marino jersey and you sold it for that, you must have some guys knocking on your door with tire irons in their hands waiting to break your knee caps, because that would be a desperate move!

Banned

Eh. Thats a great deal if real but try photomatching something from 1996. It is not matched to a specific game either. It would be a tall order. as we all know unlike today's games there are not nearly as many pics and videos available online from games from 15 years ago.

Banned

Is there a place I can send it that could authenticate it? Can you get a game used jersey authenticated? Thanks for all of your help everyone!!