Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Need help on a Yount GU Bat

I just received a Robin Yount game used bat that I had won on ebay. The bat shows good game use on it and is his P72 brand, but I discovered that there is a line under the 125 in the LS logo. After looking at various pics on Getty, I cannot see any of his bats that have a line under the 125. Any advise as to what I may have here?

Re: Need help on a Yount GU Bat

I believe the line under the 125 means it is a retail model,I may be wrong though.

I remembering reading a thread about a Jeter bat in one of the recent auctions that had a line under the 125 and the auction pulled the bat after being notified and replaced it with another. But I dont know what the line represented. I could not clearly see this line in the original picture of this Yount bat when I had bid on it and only discovered it once I received the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1929tudor View Post
    I just received a Robin Yount game used bat that I had won on ebay. The bat shows good game use on it and is his P72 brand, but I discovered that there is a line under the 125 in the LS logo. After looking at various pics on Getty, I cannot see any of his bats that have a line under the 125. Any advise as to what I may have here?
    that would indeed be a retail bat or one that was made to be sold/signed @ shows, etc.

Thank you for the info. I greatly appreciate it.

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Need help on a Yount GU Bat

Quote Originally Posted by therealaxis View Post
    I believe the line under the 125 means it is a retail model,I may be wrong though.
    A lot of those are what Anaconda-Kaye (later Anaconda Sports) used to sell in SCD ads (not as game used) about 20 years ago.

Dave Miedema

"H & B has recently started producing bats with labeling and pro model numbers, replicating the look of an H & B pro model player bat of an era for a particular player. For instance, when Pete Rose is signing bats at a hobby show, you may notice the show promoter selling bats with labeling and model numbers identical to bats used by Rose during his career.

H & B produces a variety of replica bats, availablr through H & B retailers, dealers, and collectors for commemorating an event or for signing by a player. They are obviously new bats made of new wood and often stamped with an "S" , designating souvenir, or have an undermined "125" in the oval label.... However H & B produced some replica bats without any souvenir designations which have surfaced in the hobby as game used pro model bats. Again , you cannot rely solely on labeling and model numbers alone. Focus on the quality and color of the wood, the source of the bat...."

----- BATS, pages 59-60, c. 1995

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

Great help guys!!! I'm learning every day. I called the seller and informed him that this bat was a retail bat due to the line under the 125 in the logo. He said to send it back and would refund my money. I don't know if it will show up again on ebay, but keep a cautious eye out for it. Someone went to great lengths to make this look like a great game used bat.