Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Value of a Terry Crews Game Worn Jersey

Wanted to see any opinions as to how much a
    Terry Crews Game Worn Chargers Jersey would bring in at auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Diego-Charge...item4cf612efe1

I've seen the one listed here on ebay, asking price $1Million O.B.O.
    Just curious how much it would actually go for at a GreyFlannel, AMI type auction... $500? $5,000? Do you think the seller is thinking he is going to get in the low thousands? It seems like any seller that has his item listed as "best offer" is admitting they won't get there listed amount and is "starting high".. I just wonder if he really believes he can get even $100,000 for it...

Any Thoughts?

Banned

Re: Value of a Terry Crews Game Worn Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Krsoneus View Post
    Wanted to see any opinions as to how much a
    Terry Crews Game Worn Chargers Jersey would bring in at auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/San-Diego-Charge...item4cf612efe1

I've seen the one listed here on ebay, asking price $1Million O.B.O.
    Just curious how much it would actually go for at a GreyFlannel, AMI type auction... $500? $5,000? Do you think the seller is thinking he is going to get in the low thousands? It seems like any seller that has his item listed as "best offer" is admitting they won't get there listed amount and is "starting high".. I just wonder if he really believes he can get even $100,000 for it...

Any Thoughts?
    Some sellers use the best offer button to gage what an item is worth, or to give discounts if multiple items are won. This seller is using the button abusively as you can tell. It is not reasonable to assume that everyone with a make an offer button is overpricing their item. I bought an item a few months ago that the buy it now was $3000.00 with a best offer button that ended up saving me $150.00 which was the lowest the seller would take! Since I would have paid the full price, I thought it interesting they only had 5% room.

200-300 dollars IMO. Some folks really like the 75 year patch worn in '94.

Banned

he priced it that high for one of two reasons. one soley to draw attention. it comes up first when you search items listed in decreasing price order and no matter how you search item jumps out at you cause of the price causing people to view it. the other reason could be he has no intention of selling and is just showing the item off. there was a guy who used to do this alot with autographs a few years ago. he would have like a wade boggs signed baseball for 800 bucks. imo the jersey is worth no more than a grand. the value is as a conversation piece and to some for the patch.he was a bad football player and is relatively unknown as an actor. goldbergs falcons jerseys go for around that and at least he was a legend to wrestling fans.

What caught my eye, and it may be the angle of the photo, was the NFL shield. The Crews is listed first and a photo of one of my Cowboys' jerseys from 1994 (also a Russell brand) is below. The Cowboys' jersey is 100% authentic and came directly from the Dallas Cowboys. Look at the "N" of the NFL shield. Were there variations of the NFL logo in 1994?

Name:  crews.jpg
Views: 6046
Size:  183.9 KB

Name:  use this.jpg
Views: 2240
Size:  225.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by short84 View Post
    What caught my eye, and it may be the angle of the photo, was the NFL shield. The Crews is listed first and a photo of one of my Cowboys' jerseys from 1994 (also a Russell brand) is below. The Cowboys' jersey is 100% authentic and came directly from the Dallas Cowboys. Look at the "N" of the NFL shield. Were there variations of the NFL logo in 1994?

Attachment 49005

Attachment 49006
    Wow. good catch.

Maybe its the angle the photo was taken, but the entire bottom of that patch seems off.

The bottom of the "F" is flat, where it should be sloping down. Like this \

The bottom of the "L" is also flat, it should be sloping up. Like this /

Even the patch itself looks flat on the bottom.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Also the bottom part of the NFL shield patch on the Cowboys jersey is pointie and the one on the Crews jersey isn't. Its almost flat

Banned

Isn't this the Old Spice Guy?

If you get the seller to take 10-20% off, it may be a good deal.

Two things jump out from the images provided by the seller.

The first is that the PSA/DNA certification lists the jersey as being from 1993, not 1994 as the patch would indicate.

The second is that the final image shows Crews wearing a jersey that doesn't have the 75th anniversary patch on the front.

If you are going to ask a million dollars for a jersey, it would make sense to make sure you provide information that doesn't confuse what you are selling.