Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: "Disgruntled collector to sell Bonds memorabilia"

Anyone bid in the auctions? Any surprises.....

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    David,
    How did you know it was Jeff? I can't believe he's buying more Barry stuff. Must have OCD!

Tim
    i know jeff and have brought from him before. (he a good seller)

jettllc

I was the winner of the Bonds HR Jersey and the Cleats in the Leland auction. I actually learned of the auction from talking with Jeff as I was out of the country for a few weeks. What amazed me about Jeff is that he actually doesn't sound bitter about Bonds but rather accepting of the situation. He knew what Barry was like but admired the talent the player had. His bidding on the Bonds bat is likely one of an investment move or maybe he just wants to see what the owner priced the reserve at and threw in a random bid.

As for he and Brandon Webb he was able to meet Brandon early in his career and spotted what he believed to be an amazing talent (for which I agree). He didn't just starting talking to him at a card show but rather he had private signings, etc done with Brandon and forged a business relationship with him. Many of us would like to do the same thing I am sure as we love the sport and would like to be closer to the inner circle of baseball if possible.

I remember a few months ago seeing an outside the lines story on Bonds merchandise. They did talk some about his game used stuff. They mentioned how protective he is of it and doesn't sell it. I think it was Bonds on Bonds show, they would show him signing his game used stuff and putting it away from the game he hit a home run in. They showed a little bit of his collection, looked like he had boxes and boxes of game used jerseys and equipment he was storing. They mentioned he has been keeping his stuff since college. If Jeff reads this, have you seen his collection of stuff. I kinda liked the Bonds on Bonds show, I hope they come out with DVD box set on it with left out footage. I know Barry had final say it what was shown, must be some other good stuff he would let out on DVD set. Another amazing thing from show, was Barry just lived in a small one or two bedroom apt in SF and there were 5 people living there. I know he must have huge off season home somewhere, but with all money he has made you would think he would have something better for the season......

Quote Originally Posted by norristrophy View Post
    This guy sounds like a real weirdo. I imagine he has a very nice van with no windows.
    YES I AM WIERD........ MARRIED 22 YEARS 4 KIDS TWO IN COLLEGE AND JUST SOLD MY HOUSE FOR $1.7 MILLION. THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME.
    ONE WORD FOR YOU-------------JEALOUSY.................

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    I remember a few months ago seeing an outside the lines story on Bonds merchandise. They did talk some about his game used stuff. They mentioned how protective he is of it and doesn't sell it. I think it was Bonds on Bonds show, they would show him signing his game used stuff and putting it away from the game he hit a home run in. They showed a little bit of his collection, looked like he had boxes and boxes of game used jerseys and equipment he was storing. They mentioned he has been keeping his stuff since college. If Jeff reads this, have you seen his collection of stuff. I kinda liked the Bonds on Bonds show, I hope they come out with DVD box set on it with left out footage. I know Barry had final say it what was shown, must be some other good stuff he would let out on DVD set. Another amazing thing from show, was Barry just lived in a small one or two bedroom apt in SF and there were 5 people living there. I know he must have huge off season home somewhere, but with all money he has made you would think he would have something better for the season......
    THE BONDS ON BONDS SHOW WAS A JOKE....... THAT MEMORABILIA PART I BROUGHT UP TO EVERYONE WHO INTERVIEWED ME. I THOUGHT THE SHOW WAS A JOKE.......BARRY HAD FINAL SAY ABOUT EVERYTHING ON THAT SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by jettllc View Post
    I was the winner of the Bonds HR Jersey and the Cleats in the Leland auction. I actually learned of the auction from talking with Jeff as I was out of the country for a few weeks. What amazed me about Jeff is that he actually doesn't sound bitter about Bonds but rather accepting of the situation. He knew what Barry was like but admired the talent the player had. His bidding on the Bonds bat is likely one of an investment move or maybe he just wants to see what the owner priced the reserve at and threw in a random bid.

As for he and Brandon Webb he was able to meet Brandon early in his career and spotted what he believed to be an amazing talent (for which I agree). He didn't just starting talking to him at a card show but rather he had private signings, etc done with Brandon and forged a business relationship with him. Many of us would like to do the same thing I am sure as we love the sport and would like to be closer to the inner circle of baseball if possible.
    THANK YOU FOR SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS. ITS HARD TO GET CLOSE TO A PLAYER. I DEVOTE MY TIME AND EFFORT IN WHAT I BELIVE IN.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    i know jeff and have brought from him before. (he a good seller)
    IF THERE IS A GOOD DEAL OUT THERE ON BONDS I WILL BUT IT FOR THE FUTURE. PETE ROSE ITEMS WILL ALWAYS BR WORTH MONEY AND SO WILL BARRY'S

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    yiks! It is Jeff. We need to have an online intervention for Jeff to stop him from bidding on Barry's gu stuff!! After all you been thru you just have to go cold turkey.
    JUST LOOKING FOR AN INVESTMENT..................LONG TERM

Quote Originally Posted by webb17 View Post
    JUST LOOKING FOR AN INVESTMENT..................LONG TERM

More power to you Jeff!