Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: "Disgruntled collector to sell Bonds memorabilia"

Hi Jeff,

That's a sweet Bonds glove and jersey you auctioned. How did you obtain them? Did Bonds deny they were his? Did you keep anything from Bond's, or sell it all?

Quote Originally Posted by webb17 View Post
    JUST LOOKING FOR AN INVESTMENT..................LONG TERM
    Jeff,
    That's cool. I think you picked a great player in Brandon Webb. I didn't realize you were behind the Webb hologram items. I saw a game used vest of his on Grey Flannel about a year or two back and was wondering if you had any jerseys of his for sale. I collect starting pitcher's jerseys and have been looking for his.

Thanks,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    Jeff,
    That's cool. I think you picked a great player in Brandon Webb. I didn't realize you were behind the Webb hologram items. I saw a game used vest of his on Grey Flannel about a year or two back and was wondering if you had any jerseys of his for sale. I collect starting pitcher's jerseys and have been looking for his.

Thanks,
    Tim
    www.webbsite17.com

i only have jerseys from 2004 of webb

Quote Originally Posted by GameBats View Post
    Hi Jeff,

That's a sweet Bonds glove and jersey you auctioned. How did you obtain them? Did Bonds deny they were his? Did you keep anything from Bond's, or sell it all?

he said they were stolen (hoskins were unathorized to sell) he said they were his. the 1987 glove i purchased from someone else. that was a great piece with the photo match. that glove owuldv'e been worth soo much more......

While some people (particularly athletes) might see Jeff's behavior as "stalking," others like myself would view it as someone who recognized Bonds' athletic abilities to be so superior that a guy like Bonds is so self indulged he just can't comprehend it. I have been a collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia and equipment since I was a kid and am now an adult. There are probably those that wonder why I go to such great lengths to acquire this guy's stuff (and I am sure Dave does too...). I have known him personally since 92 and find him to be a very nice, family man. Still private, I limit how and when I look him up out of respect and do not ask for anything. Sure, I could hit him up for auto's, etc., but somehow I do not think it would go over well - he is not a Barry Bonds type of guy.

I give Jeff credit for having passion for the game. I love it and it takes my mind off my troubles. Most athletes have the gift of their abilities and just can't see what they have or appreciate it. Dave is modest and really does not get too involved about reminising about his career. I find it sad that he does not share the stories - but that is his right and I respect that. I am married with 2 kids and have a great life, have other collecting interests besides Kingman, and when I see him and get stuff signed - always enjoy the look on his face as he wonders where I got this stuff at. Do I think I will get out of it $$ what I have in? Not a chance, and that is not what it is about anyway. If you are in the hobby for that reason - you WILL be disappointed...

Quote Originally Posted by stkmtimo View Post
    I'd hate to say this, but any guy that quits a very good job working as an investment banker to trail a baseball player around the country has a bit of a problem. I don't doubt that Kranz had the resources to do so, but why you would expend that much energy on someone who isn't even a family member is perplexing. To top it all off, he's now focusing on Brandon Webb. How the heck did he get to go to his wedding? I'm never invited to anything like that

Tim
    i didn't leave my job to follow him around. the press changes wrods around. i was fried to my job and decided to leave that line of work. i met through his agent that i knew for years. when i quit collecting bonds i tried to find a new player that i can follow and collect. i became friends with webb just like i do with most people that deal with me.
    jeff

Jeff-

I'm wondering what you think about the press your situation has gotten.

Thanks
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by webb17 View Post
    i didn't leave my job to follow him around. the press changes wrods around. i was fried to my job and decided to leave that line of work. i met through his agent that i knew for years. when i quit collecting bonds i tried to find a new player that i can follow and collect. i became friends with webb just like i do with most people that deal with me.
    jeff
    Jeff,
    Thanks for letting me know. I was too harsh on you in the beginning of this thread because I wasn't 100% sure of the circumstances. I understand now. It's awesome how you really get to know the guys and I think you picked a great player in Webb.

Tim

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Jeff-

I'm wondering what you think about the press your situation has gotten.

Thanks
    Eric
    i have turned down interviews on radio and television. the story is out. nothing to gain. i have had enough