Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tage question?

tage question?

if a jersey has tags like this, on ewouldthink its game used correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: tage question?

Quote Originally Posted by Lengthwise View Post
    if a jersey has tags like this, on ewouldthink its game used correct?
    or issued?

Banned

Is that Darryl Strawberrys Jersey?

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Is that Darryl Strawberrys Jersey?
    it is, not being sold a such, just seemed odd to have all the proper tagging, guessing its and unused one, so issued?

Banned

ok im a bit confused of your question. There isnt a difference in tagging if its Game Used or Game Issued that just means one has been worn and the other hasn't.
    Where did you get the Strawberry Jersey from?
    I notice there is also an extra tag on it what does it say?

the tag says 1" extra length, I dont own it(yet), but I may go after it, just curious on ooinions from here, its is not being sold as game used or issued, the tagging just seemed very interesting to me

unfortunately, it's impossible to determine whether a jersey is game-issued/game-worn solely from the tagging. it's like seeing a photo of a car's tires and being asked "is the car any good".
    you'll need to post pictures of the front and back of the jersey in order to derive any sort of meaningful opinion.

rudy.

I know, they are not that great, here is what I have access to, thanks guys!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

The Jersey does look good to me

Re: tag question?

my thoughts:

- it's a little atypical that the flag tag and strip tag both bear identical information. (they both bear the year and set). if you're going to have a tag with the year and set, why duplicate that information again on another tag? it's redundant.

on rawlings jerseys of this era, full strip tags with the year and set are usually present on jerseys that lack the standard flag tag and thus need some way to bear year/set information. (although a lack of a flag tag can be cause for alarm, i've seen some legit rawlings jerseys from this era that lack them.) conversely, on jerseys that have the standard flag tag, you'll rarely see an additional strip tag showing the same information in duplicate. strip tags on jerseys with standard flag tags usually just have the uniform number.

so the tagging is a little atypical.

- what i think is of greater concern is the fact that ami has auctioned off 2 other 1990, strawberry, home pinstripe v-neck pullovers, autographed, and tagged identically to this one. all of them are clearly different jerseys (the autographs are in different places) yet they're all tagged identically - set 1 1990, standard flag tag AND full strip tag. not only that but all of them show minimal use. to me, this rings of a scoreboard jersey. slightly odd tagging, numerous identical copies, superstar player in his prime, autographed, minimal use, around the 1989/1990 time period that scoreboard jerseys come from. i'm strongly inclined to suggest this is a scoreboard jersey.

here are the 2 others that ami auctioned off:

www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=9183

www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=14680

you seem to have found a third. 3 home strawberry jerseys, all set 1, yet none show substantial use. i'd bet there are more out there.

secondly, if you're curious about how a certain jersey should look, often one of the best things to do is to look at a common player from that year. take this 1990 mel stottlemyre home v-neck:

www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=20714

rudy.