Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natsfest 2011

Natsfest 2011

Did They Sell Game Used Items There And did Anyone pick Up Anything If They did?

Thanks
    Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Re: Natsfest 2011

i saw about 6 or 7 bats of scrubs and some former players issued jerseys
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Anything of Lastings?

Also, how was it for autographs -- Jayson Werth, Ryan Zimmerman, etc.? I had car issues after hitting a pot hole Tuesday night so I could not make it.

Chris

From what I am reading online, this fanfest was a disaster...... http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...s_was&c_id=was#

How come the Nationals can't get this right? Maybe they need to attend the Orioles or Pirates fanfests to figure this out.

Chris

didnt see anything of milledge. autographs were terrible all around, the only bright spot and overall nice guy was storen who signed for a while in the rain on the field. strasburg just walked by all the fans without even a wave like he had better things to do. the "meet and greet" was a huge line just to shake hands with some of the players who stayed around. i saw a few people had bought grab bags that had a few locker room tags but they were gone in minutes
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris78 View Post
    From what I am reading online, this fanfest was a disaster...... http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...s_was&c_id=was#

How come the Nationals can't get this right? Maybe they need to attend the Orioles or Pirates fanfests to figure this out.

Chris
    I've never been to Natsfest, but I've been to numerous Nationals games, and I was surprised reading the article regarding the fan experience at Natsfest. I've always considered the Nationals to be one of the fan friendliest of teams around. Seems like they have shifted directions and have also lost the real great guys in the game like Wil Nieves, Willie Harris, Josh Willingham and Adam Dunn. For some reason I feel like the Nationals are trying more and more to become the NL's version of the Yankees, without the winning of course.

It is my belief that storen just may be one of the coolest, most fun loving guys in the game. From your story and from what I saw when I attended the games over the fourth of July weekend where he was having a ball during bp snagging balls and fooling around with everyone standing in right field trying for balls. Great guy IMO wish they all were like him.

I met Drew Storen At Camden Yards Last Year And He was A very Nice Guy.Signed Autographs And took Pics with Anyone That Asked him To.

Storen is really cool. I watched him during Arizona Fall League and he was great. He also readily shares is PS3 gamertag and is active on his twitter account as well. Really fan friendly guy.