Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Getting a COA for an item

Hello, First time poster. I recently acquired Andre Johnson's 2009 Pro Bowl game-worn pants. I got them from a guy who lives in Hawaii, and got them after the game. I haven't gotten them in the mail, but there are apparently 8 photos that can used to photo-match with the pants (i.e. the stains match up). I have no doubt that these are the real thing, but I'd like to get a piece of paper that says so. Who are the best companies?

Re: Getting a COA for an item

If you got a photomatch no need for COA. I'm not sure how much Mears charges for authentication but, it may be close to the total value of the pants.

As said, the photo matches will suffice, and are more valuable (yet cheaper!) than anything that MEARS or anyone else can provide. If you really want a COA to go along with the item, I would just ask the person that you bought the pants from to write a letter detailing how he came into posession of them. You, too, could write something detailing the use, including reference to the photos.

Definitive photos = no COA. The COA would be a waste of money and advanced collectors would rather have photos then any letter!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

I agree. MEARS is one of the few independent companies that would write a letter for such an item, but the cost may not justify what they provide for this item as I don't think the value may be enough to justify the expense.

You can contact them for a quote on the service at www.mearsonline.com to see if it is worth your time and money.

Another option, I know forum regular Dave Miedema may still offer a service for a reasonable fee to write a letter for such an item. You can reach Dave at: sox83cubs84@hotmail.com