Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: April Pickups

Re: April Pickups

Very cool...thanks guys. I didn't know that. What's the "g" for? Grey? Gamer?

Wade

Banned

Exclamation Re: April Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    Very cool...thanks guys. I didn't know that. What's the "g" for? Grey? Gamer?

Wade

Gamer.

Dave M.

Very cool! Look at all of the answers!!! A fascinating wealth of knowledge. Thanks so much for sharing your newest pick-up and for allowing me to semi-hijac the thread. I now return you to your regular scheduled program of April Pickups!!!

wade

Picked up a pair of autographed 1986 pete rose mizuno cleats. Tons of use, came from a very reliable source.

I don't typically post on the pick-ups, but took my chances on a case of Just Memorabilia's Mystery Gamers and came up big . . .
    • Reid Brignac auto game used cap
    • Jay Bruce auto game used batting gloves
    • Jose Iglesias auto game used batting gloves
    And THEN a pair of Billy Butler auto/GU spikes and a Jason Heyward auto/GU fielding glove! Both are from 2008, but still extremely cool. Spikes are absolutely filthy and the glove shows great use.

Doug
    slamalama78 at yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Cortland Finnegan game worn softball jersey (City of Hope charity game) from 2008

Quote Originally Posted by stitzerfse View Post
    I don't typically post on the pick-ups, but took my chances on a case of Just Memorabilia's Mystery Gamers and came up big . . .
    • Reid Brignac auto game used cap
    • Jay Bruce auto game used batting gloves
    • Jose Iglesias auto game used batting gloves
    And THEN a pair of Billy Butler auto/GU spikes and a Jason Heyward auto/GU fielding glove! Both are from 2008, but still extremely cool. Spikes are absolutely filthy and the glove shows great use.

Doug
    slamalama78 at yahoo.com
    Wow! The Heyward glove... Wow!

Big thanks to Ben/Gorilla777 for offering me the perfect bat for my collection... One of my all time favorites, Jim Thome. I love that its an Indians bat, because I got hooked on Thome when he killed the Royals as a long-time Indian. Back before I was married with children I went to nearly every Indians game in KC. This bat is uncracked and is well used with one of the best ink transfers I've ever seen - nearly the entire front writing of the OMLB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Finally picked up a Coyotes Meigrey certified gamer of my favorite player. Probably the last road jersey Tkachuk wore before being traded to St. Louis.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Big thanks to Ben/Gorilla777 for offering me the perfect bat for my collection... One of my all time favorites, Jim Thome. I love that its an Indians bat, because I got hooked on Thome when he killed the Royals as a long-time Indian. Back before I was married with children I went to nearly every Indians game in KC. This bat is uncracked and is well used with one of the best ink transfers I've ever seen - nearly the entire front writing of the OMLB.
    Sweet bat Wes. Jim is so undervalued in the market. Great idea picking his stuff up. He will have 600 homers this year.