Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eric16841
    • Feb 2010

April Pickups

Its April 1st and was able to pick up a 2009 game used Nick Swisher bat and was able to photomatch it already to the 2009 NLDS series. bat should arrive in next week or so.
  • eric16841
    • Feb 2010

Re: April Pickups

sorry to the ALCS against the angels

Comment

• halofan

I just finally updated my site with recent pick ups and as well as a Fan Fest 2011 review

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

Billy

Comment

• Shipp_96
        • Feb 2011

Some of these technically came in March, but since April is here, finally got around to shooting these:

Jordan Norwood (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) Game worn Jersey and cleats from the ONLY game he has ever dressed for in the NFL, in 2009 vs. ATL. Now if I can only get his helmet from that game . Also want to give a special thanks to Jason at MeiGray for working with me to verify the game use of this jersey, and having the Eagles even fix the LOA! Can't wait for them to get more PSU players in!

Also, a GU Darryl Clark (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) signed cleat. Have the other one on hold.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Shipp_96
          • Feb 2011

More pickups...

A pair of of GU Bani Gbadyu (WE ARE...PENN STATE!) signed cleats. These should be here today or tomorrow.

Also, a Jon Kuhn (Packers) Shippensburg University baseball cap that I got signed last weekend in person.

Last, but not least, former Steelers Chris Hope GU Titans practice jersey.

Attached Files

Comment

• russyurk
            • May 2008

I was able to add Vance Wilson’s 2006 World Series road jersey to the collection. Unfortunately he didn’t play in the post season but the price was right and World Series jerseys don’t grow on trees. (It is also MLB authenticated) It shows decent use for a backup catcher, pilling and loose threads on the back where the chest protector strap would have rubbed.
            Attached Files
            Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by russyurk
              I was able to add Vance Wilson’s 2006 World Series road jersey to the collection. Unfortunately he didn’t play in the post season but the price was right and World Series jerseys don’t grow on trees. (It is also MLB authenticated) It shows decent use for a backup catcher, pilling and loose threads on the back where the chest protector strap would have rubbed.
              What is the significance of the cursive initials (?) written on the tag?

wade

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                • May 2009

Originally posted by WadeInBmore
                What is the significance of the cursive initials (?) written on the tag?

wade
                I believe it is the equipment manager's signature, I guess to serve as an "approval" of the equipment assigned to the player.

Comment

• russyurk
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                  I believe it is the equipment manager's signature, I guess to serve as an "approval" of the equipment assigned to the player.
                  Correct, the "JS" stands for equipment manager Jim Schmakel whose initials you will frequently see on Tigers' gamers.
                  Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by russyurk
                    Correct, the "JS" stands for equipment manager Jim Schmakel whose initials you will frequently see on Tigers' gamers.
                    The JS initials are a sign that the team approved the release of the jersey into the hobby/fan market. This started in the 1980s when, unlike now, only a small number of Tigers gamers were in the hobby, and many of them were stolen or obtained without going through proper channels. The Tigers would sometimes send team officials to the many small and large Detroit area shows of the day looking for Tigers gamers, and a jersey without the "JS" was deemed by the team officials to have gotten in the marketplace in an unauthorized manner. They would declare them stolen property and confiscate them.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                      • Sep 2007

Very cool...thanks guys. I didn't know that. What's the "g" for? Grey? Gamer?

Wade

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by WadeInBmore
                        Very cool...thanks guys. I didn't know that. What's the "g" for? Grey? Gamer?

Wade

Gamer.

Dave M.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                          • Sep 2007

Very cool! Look at all of the answers!!! A fascinating wealth of knowledge. Thanks so much for sharing your newest pick-up and for allowing me to semi-hijac the thread. I now return you to your regular scheduled program of April Pickups!!!

wade

Comment

• cincy13
                            • May 2007

Picked up a pair of autographed 1986 pete rose mizuno cleats. Tons of use, came from a very reliable source.

Comment

• stitzerfse
                              • May 2008

I don't typically post on the pick-ups, but took my chances on a case of Just Memorabilia's Mystery Gamers and came up big . . .
                              • Reid Brignac auto game used cap
                              • Jay Bruce auto game used batting gloves
                              • Jose Iglesias auto game used batting gloves
                              And THEN a pair of Billy Butler auto/GU spikes and a Jason Heyward auto/GU fielding glove! Both are from 2008, but still extremely cool. Spikes are absolutely filthy and the glove shows great use.

Doug
                              slamalama78 at yahoo.com
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...