Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Historic Auctions Store Bough Bat Sold as Game Used

Fellow collectors,

A friend of mine bought a Knoblauch bat off of Historic Auctions. I saw him for the first time in years at a Gloria Rothstein show and he showed it to me. I am not a bat expert by any means but the bat is not authentic. In their photos

Historic Auctions

Their description reads "This game used bat shows nice use including ball and lace marks on the bat barrel"

In reality, the bat is mint, there is absolutely no use. There is no marks or even a scratch

They do not show a closeup of the bat. I know for a fact that the line underneath the 125, seperates the game used bats from the store bought bats. This is not visible from their photos. My photos of the actual bat are below

They never say it was a world series bat, but it is marked 1991 world series

They also do not mention in the description that the bat is personalized. They say " It also sports a mint, smudge free, signature", but no mention of the "To Jim". I will give them enough credit that they did show a picture of the personalization.

Realistically though, the only thing this bat is good for is firewood.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Re: Historic Auctions Store Bough Bat Sold as Game Used

www.pauloneill21.com

Paul O'Neill is selling replica WS bats on his website. I think they also have the underline under the 125.

This bat is a replica and not one issued for game used in my opinion.

David

Ldavis forgot to mention, (which he did mention to me) that his friend has made numerous attempts to contact historic auctions to get this fixed, and has left messages on a voicemail without hearing back from them.
    Eric

I'm sure that the next time Joel boasts of his dinner with James Brown he'll be sure to bring this up.

Some more photos

My friend called 3 times, with no answer or response. When someone finally answered, they told him the person he needed to speak to was not available till next week. Real professional.

Some more photos

A Brad Wells letter? Yikes.

Tim

$67 +$10 premium for a signed replica WS bat. Definitely not used in a Major League/WS game. I saw that bat and as most people probably did---figured it wasn't game used---that is why it went for only $67 and not $670 or more.

Of course that doesn't excuse the COA and lack of customer service.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I'm sure that the next time Joel boasts of his dinner with James Brown he'll be sure to bring this up.
    Get over it. Sounds like a real issue with this low end item to me, but you can bring up the past if you have nothing better to do with your worthless time.

By the way, I stand behind the efforts I made to work with Historic Auctions as a buffer to this forum, anyone who has an issue with the help I tired to bring to the forum and the hobby is a piece of crap in my opinion because I was trying to help get the crap pulled from that auction house and jerks threw my efforts in my face.

Then again, some powerful people in this industry thanked me for trying.

Any other stupid comments you'd like to make, please address me at the private email address below.

Folks,

I think that, at times, Joel's comments and efforts get lost in how they are communicated. But I do think that Joel is one of the few people who genuinely tries, day in and day out, to make the hobby better. You may not agree with his opinions or how he approaches issues and delivers his messages (I sometimes do not myself), but these issues should not be confused with the issue of intention/motivation.

Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.