Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Manny Ramirez retired

hey guys, will write more later.... but been in chicago for the rays series this week against the sox. On thursday at the team hotel, i saw maddon and a few front office guys, and something seemed odd. Lot of people on the cell phones. Joe usually a very nice guy seemed a little iratated which is out of character for him.

The next morning I heard of man-ram, and guess that explained a lot of tense faces from the rays yesterday.

However, on the other hand.... pretty much saw all the players and they were vey relaxed and upbeat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jake33 View Post
    hey guys, will write more later.... but been in chicago for the rays series this week against the sox. On thursday at the team hotel, i saw maddon and a few front office guys, and something seemed odd. Lot of people on the cell phones. Joe usually a very nice guy seemed a little iratated which is out of character for him.

The next morning I heard of man-ram, and guess that explained a lot of tense faces from the rays yesterday.

However, on the other hand.... pretty much saw all the players and they were vey relaxed and upbeat.
    Jake I'll be at the Westin after todays game if you want to chat.
    I'm looking to get Damons autograph

Anybody looking to dump their Manny bats let me know. I'll always be a collector and a fan of Manny.

Jeremy

I'm not looking to "dump" anything but am in the process of moving and we can talk in a couple weeks if you want.... you've got my email.

Mike

This coming from a Giambi fan. Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    +1 - Good Bye and Good Riddence

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    This coming from a Giambi fan. Pot, meet kettle.
    At least Giambi didn't do the old deny deny deny and then try to say he didn't know what he was taking.

Manny is a clubhouse cancer (most of his ex teammates report), he's crappy with the fans and if he couldn't hit HR's* (see Steroids) he wouldn't be playing Major League Ball because he can't field - or doesn't care about fielding - it's hard to tell when he's on the field.

Giambi has at least been a positive clubhouse guy - took his lumps when he was caught - still has a bat and can still field and is AWESOME with the fans.

Once I heard about Manny's little stunt @ BoSox ST a couple of years back (They had a tent with Make A Wish Foundation kids and every player EXCEPT Manny went through to see the kids - only time Manny ever put in extra effort for anything - so he could walk AROUND the tents and blow the kids off) I realized what a piece of crap he is.

Outside of Steroids, you can't even begin to compare the two.

Just my .02

Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ24 View Post
    Anybody looking to dump their Manny bats let me know. I'll always be a collector and a fan of Manny.

Jeremy
    I would be interested in a Rays bat of Manny's....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    +1 - Good Bye and Good Riddence
    +1...

Why could they have not done this before the season starts? Now that Manny has had at least one official Major League at-bat as a Devil Ray, I will have to add the guy to my list.........
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

It has already helped their slump.

Good riddence.

The unique aspect of the Manny story is that after testing positive the first time, he wasn' t ever close to being the same player pre- failed test. He put together a couple of the greatest months the previous season in LA then couldn't hit the ball. In my opinion this puts the legitimacy of the majority of his career in question. He won't get into the HOF and prices will fall a bit...