Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Manny Ramirez retired

I think right now his HOF chances are about as good as mine. The question this raises is the legitmacy of his team's performances. By that I mean the Red Sox two titles, their run to the ALCS a few other times and the Dodgers big NLCS run after they added him. He was the star of all those teams and if his performance was dicated by chemicals one wonders if the Curse would still be intact and the whole Mannywood thing never would have happened.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flaco1801 View Post
    Im too lazy to check but i'd like to know how much money he has collected in salaries over the years.... now do you really think he gives a rats azz about baseball....the joke is on us.....
    Basaball been berry, berry good to Manny. At the bottom of the page, you'll be able to view his Salaries.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...amirma02.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I think right now his HOF chances are about as good as mine. The question this raises is the legitmacy of his team's performances. By that I mean the Red Sox two titles, their run to the ALCS a few other times and the Dodgers big NLCS run after they added him. He was the star of all those teams and if his performance was dicated by chemicals one wonders if the Curse would still be intact and the whole Mannywood thing never would have happened.
    Assuming you mean "dictated," isn't it a pretty strong statement that PEDs controlled Manny's play? After all, you are assuming that he had no agency, and I think such an assumption is a mistake. There are plenty of players who took steroids but did not have MVP caliber seasons. For every Palmeiro in the Mitchell Report, there was also a David Segui. Thus, I hardly believe that steroids determine performance.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408