Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rickey Henderson game used jersey

I have a Rickey Henderson 2006 Mets spring training jersey

He is having a signing in may. Do you guys think it worth the $300 to have him sign this jersey?
    Thanks

Banned

Re: Rickey Henderson game used jersey

Defintely not. Spring training jerseys are probably worth about $700 unsigned. Adding his sig. is not going to increase the value by $300 but if you want it signed its your collection go for it! You gotta collect what you like how you like or it takes the fun out of the hobby. I based my value figure on the fact that a regular season jersey goes for between $1,500 and $2,000 for his modern stuff in most auctions I have seen. what I mean by modern is stuff not from his first two stints, with the A's, Yanks or the Blue Jays. Like his Padres and Mets stuff.

WHen & where is the Rickey signing event?
    Is it open to the public?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    WHen & where is the Rickey signing event?
    Is it open to the public?

thank you
    Here you go
    http://tristarproductions.3dcartstor...son_c_799.html

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Defintely not. Spring training jerseys are probably worth about $700 unsigned. Adding his sig. is not going to increase the value by $300 but if you want it signed its your collection go for it! You gotta collect what you like how you like or it takes the fun out of the hobby. I based my value figure on the fact that a regular season jersey goes for between $1,500 and $2,000 for his modern stuff in most auctions I have seen. what I mean by modern is stuff not from his first two stints, with the A's, Yanks or the Blue Jays. Like his Padres and Mets stuff.
    Really you think its worth that much. I only paid $325 for it in 2007. I do collect based on what I like (mostly Mets items) not just for a good deal. That said most of the time I wont buy something if I don't think I could at least make my money back if I ever did have to sell it.

thanks

San Fran just a little out of the way for me

yea me to lol

I am just sending some stuff in.

I don't think that jersey is worth anywhere near $700. He was only a guest instructor for ST in 2006. What you paid is probably in the right ballpark. But as has been said as long as you like it for what you paid is what matters.

That said, Henderson's prices for jerseys is too high, as are most of his prices for autos. One thing to note is that at the last 2 appearances I have seen him at, there were notices that he will not sign any used or worn items at all (along with his typical notice that he will not sign any bases or home plates). So that price of $300 is actually for store bought/replica jerseys. The last time I saw him advertised as willing to sign worn items, the list said the cost was 2 tickets for each item. Just somethingyou may want to clear up in advance if you do decide you want to get it signed.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_burner View Post
    The last time I saw him advertised as willing to sign worn items, the list said the cost was 2 tickets for each item. Just somethingyou may want to clear up in advance if you do decide you want to get it signed.
    I saw similar pricing, it was about $600 to sign a GU bat. Crazy pricing, but I don't think it is going to come down much in time. If you want a signed GU item, better to purchase something that has already signed, plenty of them out there...

Nice looking jersey!

That is crazy! Between $300-$600 for a man to write his name and a couple of words. I can remember in the mid eighties at the Astro Hall in Houston, players were signing for, at most, $15. Heck some were even signing for free! I guess it is more about the business end these days but come on. I should have learned to play sports better!
    Todd Ricks
    www.freewebs.com/canseco44
    Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
    Spideyman79@yahoo.com