Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

UNIQUE 1986 Jordan GU shoes: I need info/pics!

MJ collectors please feel free to chime in here.. I need to get some information about these 1986 game used Air Jordan 1. As you can see it has a foot support and ankle collar built into the shoe (the shoes were actually deconstructed, then what seems like a metal or plastic plate was inserted into the back heel section, and everything was stitched and glued back together). The shoes also feature what appears to be a custom Nike orthotic insert. From what I've gathered, such drastic measures were probably put into place because Michael was so adament about returning to the court against the advice of doctors and team personnel. The question now becomes, how rare are these? If anyone can provide additional info and/or pictures from the 14 games MJ played in after his foot injury I would be indebted to you forever! Thanks so much

PS yes they do have the appropriate PS player sample tagging.

-Mike
    given.am@gmail.com

I do have these pictures from the 3/21/86 Celtics game (4th game back from injury) but as you can see they are quite grainy when enlarged..

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

Re: UNIQUE 1986 Jordan GU shoes: I need info/pics!

EDIT:

and regular sized versions of the 3/21 Celtics game..

WOW! Don't know anything about authenticity or pics but, If legit you got a heck of a pair of sneaks there.

Banned

Banned

In the pics from the Celtics game that you posted, there does appear to be a black strap hanging out on the outside of the shoes, like the ones you have.

LOKEE: thanks for the response but I was actually looking for some pictures of him wearing the shoes I have, not the regular version.

Quote Originally Posted by cammy collector View Post
    MJ collectors please feel free to chime in here.. I need to get some information about these 1986 game used Air Jordan 1. As you can see it has a foot support and ankle collar built into the shoe (the shoes were actually deconstructed, then what seems like a metal or plastic plate was inserted into the back heel section, and everything was stitched and glued back together). The shoes also feature what appears to be a custom Nike orthotic insert. From what I've gathered, such drastic measures were probably put into place because Michael was so adament about returning to the court against the advice of doctors and team personnel. The question now becomes, how rare are these? If anyone can provide additional info and/or pictures from the 14 games MJ played in after his foot injury I would be indebted to you forever! Thanks so much

PS yes they do have the appropriate PS player sample tagging.
    These shoes are incredible. The link to this auction was posted a couple of days ago. Did you get these for only $800?
    How many pairs of these shoes were made? One?
    I would contact everyone from NIKE possible. If these are one-of-a-kind, then NIKE would pay thousands. Does NIKE headquarters have historic shoes on display?

Might be a long shot, but the guy featured in this article might have some info on your Jordans:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...a-shoe-shrine/

Talking Re: UNIQUE 1986 Jordan GU shoes: I need info/pics!

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    These shoes are incredible. The link to this auction was posted a couple of days ago. Did you get these for only $800?
    How many pairs of these shoes were made? One?
    I would contact everyone from NIKE possible. If these are one-of-a-kind, then NIKE would pay thousands. Does NIKE headquarters have historic shoes on display?
    I actually sold a pair of Moses Malone signed gamers to Nike about a month ago. I have been in contact with a Nike representative about a possible acquisition for the Jordan's as well. From what I've heard and read there should be only one pair of these, but it's hard to tell unless I can find who actually made them. I spoke to the physical trainer of the Bulls who worked with Mike at the time, this afternoon, and while he shed some interesting light on the shoes, he wasn't able to produce any numbers. This is the best part of the hobby

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    Might be a long shot, but the guy featured in this article might have some info on your Jordans:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...a-shoe-shrine/
    thank you for the link. I actually sold that guy one of his pairs of 1985 Jordan's and a friend of mine sold him another lol