Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Andre Tippett Gu 84 Helmet

I logged on the eBay and this was sitting there with a very low Buy it Now. I did some quick looking for a match of the facemask as it seemed questionable but found one Tippett picture from the 84 season and it matches! Bought it and the seller said it had only been on for 5 minutes. Good thing I saw it when I did. Won in a charity auction in 1985 and signed there by Tippett (verified) though I'm not crazy about the signature. Wish I could safely remove that.

Banned

Re: Andre Tippett Gu 84 Helmet

Sig could be removed with magic eraser.

Personally...I would keep signature on it cause Tippett was always one of the toughest autographs to get...from an autograph collector point of view.

I collect game used equipment also and love getting items signed!!!

ps. I think I am the only person in New Jersey to ever get Tippett to sign!!!

When you would walk up and ask him to sign something he wpold always say..."Mail it!!!"

Meaning mail care of Patriots Stadium>>>but I very rarely ever trust mail signatures.

Yeah, I tested the magic eraser. It will take off the sig, but it will leave a clean spot that does not match the rest of the helmet.