Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Havlicek's final jersey, Chamberlain, Dr J ABA - Grey Flannel Auction looks SOLID

Gentleman,

Have you had an opportunity to take a look at the GFC Summer Games Auction Preview? They have some STRONG items. The Havlicek, Chamberlain, and Dr J are all photomatched and are "once in a lifetime" type items. Their strongest Spring auction yet IMO. I've got my eye on the Kareem Lakers jersey

Re: Havlicek's final jersey, Chamberlain, Dr J ABA - Grey Flannel Auction looks SOLID

I was browsing through it last night. I really like the Todd Helton 1994 Tennessee Vols gamer. You don't see a whole lot of players play two different sports in college, let alone start on both teams. Helton started three games that season for us, but hurt his knee against Mississippi State and never returned. That opened the door for a young freshman by the name of Peyton Manning and the rest is history .

Re: Havlicek's final jersey, Chamberlain, Dr J ABA - Grey Flannel Auction looks SOLID

Just how reputable is Grey Flannel and their COA's on game used items?

Of course I've read of a few high-profile horror stories, but how are they are items like baseball jerseys which they state "show little game use?"

Thanks for any info!

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    Gentleman,

Have you had an opportunity to take a look at the GFC Summer Games Auction Preview? They have some STRONG items. The Havlicek, Chamberlain, and Dr J are all photomatched and are "once in a lifetime" type items. Their strongest Spring auction yet IMO. I've got my eye on the Kareem Lakers jersey

You have to understand that GFC sells and authenticates 1000s of items. The fact that you've heard only a few negative stories is a good thing. I think that items that are photomatched or have additional documentation command a sizable premium. All three items I mentioned have this and I am very interested to see what they go for.

photomatch definitely greatly increases the price i would say. there are a few mets batting helmets i would definitely love to have but without any photomatch or loa they seem easy to make change into a different players helmet than t actually is. also would love to have the lt giants jersey as I have been dying for a white one to go with my blue rookie gamer, but cant match it up to anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ruhoos View Post
    Just how reputable is Grey Flannel and their COA's on game used items?

Of course I've read of a few high-profile horror stories, but how are they are items like baseball jerseys which they state "show little game use?"

Thanks for any info!
    Do you homework. It at all possible you wanna get the photomatch

There is no way that 1990's Lawrence Taylor jersey is game used. NO WAY

Banned

the football selection sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    There is no way that 1990's Lawrence Taylor jersey is game used. NO WAY
    Why do you say that, can you offer any proof?

It is very strange to me how GF always has a Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Steve Young or other star 49er player in every auction. I cant see how this is possible. Everyone knows how hard it is to find a real Montana or Rice gamer and they seem to do it twice a year. Also isn't it funny how these shirts never have any kind of team LOA. The 49ers did sell quite a few shirts but most of the time they issued a team letter with each one. Early on it was a letter typed on team letterhead with Bronco's signature. Prior to that he provided hand written letters (late 80s). In the early 1990s there was a form team letter and in the late 90s and in 2002 they also provided a team letter signed by someone in the media department.

I will photograph and post images of all of these team letters later today.

It just seems impossible to me that all of these shirts are genuine. I am not saying they are fake but knowing how hard it is to find a legitimate Montana gamer it is jus amazing to me how GF does it with such regularity.