Havlicek's final jersey, Chamberlain, Dr J ABA - Grey Flannel Auction looks SOLID

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kprst6
    • Mar 2011

Re: Havlicek's final jersey, Chamberlain, Dr J ABA - Grey Flannel Auction looks SOLID

I think it's funny how the "Game Used Marks" were added over top of his autograph as if he signed his jersey then put it on and used it in a game. Pathetic!!!

Comment

• Mulligans
      • Dec 2009

Re: Havlicek's final jersey, Chamberlain, Dr J ABA - Grey Flannel Auction looks SOLID

Originally posted by kprst6
      I looked over a few of the items up for auction and there is no way I would bid on most of them.

Just because a jersey is old, doesn't mean it was game worn.

From what I can see, a large portion of the items are questionable at best.
      kprst6......WOW....How could you possibly make such a Bold Statement without any sort of Factual Data to support your claim?

Just because a jersey is old, doesn't mean it was game worn. Are you kidding me?.....This is the BEST that you can do?

Comment

• slats7
        Banned
        • May 2009

Originally posted by ruhoos
        Just how reputable is Grey Flannel and their COA's on game used items?

Of course I've read of a few high-profile horror stories, but how are they are items like baseball jerseys which they state "show little game use?"

Thanks for any info!
        I had a very bad experience with them last December, when they were auctioning off an allegedly "game-used" Don Meredith jersey from the mid-1960s. This auction came on the heels of his death, so interest in the jersey was sky-high. I sent them an email expressing my doubts about the jersey's authenticity, so one of their reps called me to discuss it. Nastiest conversation I've ever had in my life. From word one, their in-house "expert" (Nick Coppolo, a wiseguy with a North Jersey accent) was on the attack, mocking my "credentials," the fact that I'm not a jersey expert (never said I was), and accusing me of badmouthing them on the forum. He said that since I did not have photos of every pre-season and regular season game Don Meredith played in between 1966 and 1968, then it was impossible for me to disprove what they were claiming in the auction ad. But I'm not the one selling the jersey for thousands of dollars. Common sense dictates that the burden is on them to prove that he did indeed wear it in a game sometime during the 1960s, but they can't. Their whole defense is "trust us." Fail.

No way in hell I'd ever do business with these people. I hung up on them when it deteriorated into a shouting match.

GF's Meredith jersey is in the middle. The ones on the L and R are authentic versions from different auction houses. No comparison.

Comment

• DoctorLoomis
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by UT_Vols_Collector
          I was browsing through it last night. I really like the Todd Helton 1994 Tennessee Vols gamer. You don't see a whole lot of players play two different sports in college, let alone start on both teams. Helton started three games that season for us, but hurt his knee against Mississippi State and never returned. That opened the door for a young freshman by the name of Peyton Manning and the rest is history .
          Hey UT Vols...please send me a pm. I need to chat with you....
          ALWAYS buying PHOTO MATCHED Marcus Allen and Anfernee Hardaway jerseys. Also always buying Tennessee Volunteer jerseys and anything Tony Delk.

Comment

• mickeymbz
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

not to mention they always seem to be having a lakers baylor,,,which used to be a super rare jersey... and tiernan jabber,magic.... and also a chamberlain and west. aint saying they are phony's but just agreeing with the 49er scenerio

Comment

• justinwc80
              • Apr 2009

Can we please only call out jerseys when there is actual evidence either way, its really easy to say they have too many jerseys of said player, something must be wrong, if you do research and they don't look good than point it out. Do some research and help educate people.

Comment

• solarlottry
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by justinwc80
                Can we please only call out jerseys when there is actual evidence either way, its really easy to say they have too many jerseys of said player, something must be wrong, if you do research and they don't look good than point it out. Do some research and help educate people.
                And that is exactly what i did! They had a 1990 Joe Montana "gamer" listed as a size 46 except in the image of the tagging it was a size 42. Montana always wore a size 46 Wilson. They pulled the shirt 5 minutes after our conversation ended. I applaud them for pulling the shirt but if i had not called they would have sold a fake Joe Montana gamer which already had bids of over 1700$.

So please if you are gonna make a statement like the one above have some idea of what you are talking about. I agree with the general gist of what you are saying but when someone consistently has the same high end items month after month something is fishy. I have been collecting 49ers gamers for 20 years and have only seen a handful of authentic JM gamers so it is not possible to have one every 6 months. I do my homework as everyone should.

Always buying quality 49ers shirts
                Paul
                garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...