Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Question Tigers tag inscriptions

I've seen JS on Tigers gamer tags (initials of equipment manager Jim Schmakel). I've also sen the "G" notation (gamer). What does the "N" stand for?

The jersey tag is from a 2009 TBTC 1909 style Adam Everett.

Anyone have any ideas?

Dave Miedema

Re: Tigers tag inscriptions

The best I have come up w/ is 'new' or 'not worn'....I had asked Marc ( the authentics mgr) and he had guessed the same thing...
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

Smile Re: Tigers tag inscriptions

Kinda what I was surmising, Dale...thanks for using your niche skills in Tigers gamers to clarify this.

Dave Miedema

You know what's interesting guys is that I have Ramon Santiago's uniform from this game and there is nothing on the tag but it is MLB authenticated & photo matched. I just checked the box score from that game and Adam Everett did play game so I'm wondering why they would be different? Is it possible that the Tigers had two sets made up for some (all) of the players?
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

Yes, they did have at least 2 jerseys per player. If I remember right, it was played on the road in Pittsburgh (scary for me to go by MY memory!!). So most of the true gamers were auctioned & sold by the Pirates (so tigers equiptment mgr never touched them). As many teams do...a few of the gamers were sent to Detroit along w/ the extras. Also, on this game, I know there were more of the star players made up after the game w/ some of the blank back jerseys...these numbers were ironed on the back & never sewn on is one way to tell the difference.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net