Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onlyalbert
    • Jan 2011

show us your 01 Pujols rookie bats

Calling them out. Lets see what ya got! Be forewarned, Rick, Bert, and Dan will show some nice ones! Thanks.
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Re: show us your 01 Pujols rookie bats

Not a bat, but I have these two Albert 'Rookie' pieces:

GU/AU 2001 Cardinals Cap:

and - although NOT GU, probably about as rare as they come - a ROY inscribed Ball that Albert did for me when he came to Nike in early 2002. I know there are the 'new' ROY balls done by Steiner, but I have as yet to see another 'vintage' Pujols AU and ROY inscribed ball. I have only seen his 'vintage' AU w/ ROY inscription on GU Bats, Hats, Cleats, Jerseys and undershirts.

All the best -

Smitty

Comment

• 5toolplayer
      • Apr 2011

I wish I had a 2001 Pujols gamer to show off
      5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

I'm looking forward to a 2012 gamer of Albert...when he's wearing a CUBS uniform!!

Dave Miedema

Comment

• rj_lucas
          • Apr 2009

Well, since it appears I've been called out , I purchased my bat in the October 2001 Tony LaRussa Animal Rescue Foundation charity auction.

It is the only vintage signed and dated Pujols rookie bat known to exist. According to ARF, it was the first bat given by Albert Pujols to Tony LaRussa.

Little known fact, I was one of only two bidders on the bat. The other gentleman bid the minimum; I won it one bid above the minimum. Per the attached receipt, grand total including shipping was $1110. Another little known fact, I paid for the bat on my wife's credit card so technically she owns it

According to H&B shipping records, 15 bats matching this specification were shipped to Albert between 8/22 and 9/5. Four additional bats were delivered 10/8 for the post-season, but Barry Clark of ARF stated this bat was given to Tony immediately following the last game of the regular season.

Albert had several key hits during the final games of the 2001 season:

9/18; set Cards rookie record for RBIs and doubles
          9/19; set National League rookie RBI record
          9/21; first career grand slam
          9/22; final game of 48-game consecutive on-base streak
          10/7 (last reg. season game); tied Cards record for most hits by a rookie

Needless to say, if anyone has any of those games on tape...

Rick
          rickjlucas@gmail.com
          Attached Files

Comment

• hdavid_27
            • Feb 2008

Not game used or a bat but,

Comment

• 5toolplayer
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rj_lucas
              Well, since it appears I've been called out , I purchased my bat in the October 2001 Tony LaRussa Animal Rescue Foundation charity auction.

It is the only vintage signed and dated Pujols rookie bat known to exist. According to ARF, it was the first bat given by Albert Pujols to Tony LaRussa.

Little known fact, I was one of only two bidders on the bat. The other gentleman bid the minimum; I won it one bid above the minimum. Per the attached receipt, grand total including shipping was $1110. Another little known fact, I paid for the bat on my wife's credit card so technically she owns it

According to H&B shipping records, 15 bats matching this specification were shipped to Albert between 8/22 and 9/5. Four additional bats were delivered 10/8 for the post-season, but Barry Clark of ARF stated this bat was given to Tony immediately following the last game of the regular season.

Albert had several key hits during the final games of the 2001 season:

9/18; set Cards rookie record for RBIs and doubles
              9/19; set National League rookie RBI record
              9/21; first career grand slam
              9/22; final game of 48-game consecutive on-base streak
              10/7 (last reg. season game); tied Cards record for most hits by a rookie

Needless to say, if anyone has any of those games on tape...

Rick
              rickjlucas@gmail.com
              Speechless...A+++++
              5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• ryant7
                • Feb 2009

I believe the "fair market value" column on the reciept has changed just a touch lol incredible bat!

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by 5toolplayer
                  Speechless...A+++++
                  What would be the asking price or a bat like this IF you ever had to move it
                  5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                    • Apr 2011

RJ_Lucas I'm asking about your pujols bat
                    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• onlyalbert
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by xpress34
                      Not a bat, but I have these two Albert 'Rookie' pieces:

GU/AU 2001 Cardinals Cap:

and - although NOT GU, probably about as rare as they come - a ROY inscribed Ball that Albert did for me when he came to Nike in early 2002. I know there are the 'new' ROY balls done by Steiner, but I have as yet to see another 'vintage' Pujols AU and ROY inscribed ball. I have only seen his 'vintage' AU w/ ROY inscription on GU Bats, Hats, Cleats, Jerseys and undershirts.

All the best -

Smitty
                      Love that ball Smitty!

Comment

• onlyalbert
                        • Jan 2011

Hey 5Tool, there's a line on that bat too.....and I'm in front!

Comment

• xpress34
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by onlyalbert
                          Love that ball Smitty!
                          OnlyAlbert -

Thanks!!!

So, outside the 'new' Steiner ROY balls, have you ever seen another TRUE 'vintage' ROY Pujols ball?

I've been looking for the last 9 years (It was April 2002 when that was signed - StL was one of the 1st teams in town that year) and have as yet to see another.

As I said earlier, the only other 'vintage' Pujols ROY inscriptions I have seen have been on GU items (Bats, Hats, Jerseys, etc).

About 6 years ago a guy on eBay had a Pujols ROY inscribed ball listed - no picture though. He was a Power Seller with like 12,000+ feedback and like 1,000 items listed at any time - ALL with pictures - but told me his camera was broken and couldn't get me pictures of this one item... sounded kind of fishy to me!!!

I almost traded it back in 2002 - at the time, I figured Albert would be signing ROY all year long - but I quickly found out that he was rarely doing Sweet Spots in person, and no one that I talked to had ever seen him do an ROY inscription on a ball...

I would be interested in your (and any other Pujols collectors) input on my question about the existence of other 'vintage' (early) Pujols ROY AU baseballs... I'm fairly certain that my example is very if not extremely rare. Not worth as much as an Albert bat, but I'm not complaining for the cost of an MLB ball ($10 in 2002!).

- Smitty

Comment

• onlyalbert
                            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by xpress34
                            OnlyAlbert -

Thanks!!!

So, outside the 'new' Steiner ROY balls, have you ever seen another TRUE 'vintage' ROY Pujols ball?

I've been looking for the last 9 years (It was April 2002 when that was signed - StL was one of the 1st teams in town that year) and have as yet to see another.

As I said earlier, the only other 'vintage' Pujols ROY inscriptions I have seen have been on GU items (Bats, Hats, Jerseys, etc).

About 6 years ago a guy on eBay had a Pujols ROY inscribed ball listed - no picture though. He was a Power Seller with like 12,000+ feedback and like 1,000 items listed at any time - ALL with pictures - but told me his camera was broken and couldn't get me pictures of this one item... sounded kind of fishy to me!!!

I almost traded it back in 2002 - at the time, I figured Albert would be signing ROY all year long - but I quickly found out that he was rarely doing Sweet Spots in person, and no one that I talked to had ever seen him do an ROY inscription on a ball...

I would be interested in your (and any other Pujols collectors) input on my question about the existence of other 'vintage' (early) Pujols ROY AU baseballs... I'm fairly certain that my example is very if not extremely rare. Not worth as much as an Albert bat, but I'm not complaining for the cost of an MLB ball ($10 in 2002!).

- Smitty
                            I have seen just a few "new" sigs with the ROY but yours is the only vintage one I've ever seen. And not too many on other items as well. Would be interested in it if it ever became available.

Comment

• hdavid_27
                              • Feb 2008

The Cardinals BP Jersey I posted was Signed at the Cardinals Winter Warm Up held in January 2002. At the time I think it was $35 or $50 for albert to sign something. I drove all over looking for a retail authentic jersey, and the BP jersey was as close as I could get. That was before they set the rule to where you could only have Albert sign balls and flats. I have not seen many ROY items, But I do have 2 BP jerseys signed in January 2002, both with the ROY inscription.

Comment

Working...