Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Peanuts from 1964

That is just awesome and in his usual manner, very clever.

In true GUU style, is anyone else groaning at the fact you could have met Joe Dimaggio and Ted Williams and watch them sign a baseball for you and it cost a staggering $55! The agony! My dad paid $75 and I thought that was the steal of the century.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    That is just awesome and in his usual manner, very clever.

In true GUU style, is anyone else groaning at the fact you could have met Joe Dimaggio and Ted Williams and watch them sign a baseball for you and it cost a staggering $55! The agony! My dad paid $75 and I thought that was the steal of the century.
    People compained back in 1989 how overpriced they were!

The strip after the pull.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

You could get a card with bubble gum for only one penny then; I bought quite a few from a small-town store I'd ride to on my bike. I still have the 1962 Roger Maris card I got for one cent. But a friend got a Mickey Mantle card for a penny. I tried everything to get him to trade it to me, but he refused.

Guys
    I will be at the Charles Schultz museum over the Christmas break. Been a couple of times. It is right next to the ice arena where he sponsored a tournament for adult players from around the country from the mid 60's until his death. Last time I checked his original daily strips were selling for around $15,000. No third party authentication. Let me know if you want me to pick one up

Pete

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by prichmond View Post
    Guys
    I will be at the Charles Schultz museum over the Christmas break. Been a couple of times. It is right next to the ice arena where he sponsored a tournament for adult players from around the country from the mid 60's until his death. Last time I checked his original daily strips were selling for around $15,000. No third party authentication. Let me know if you want me to pick one up

Pete
    Haha, thanks, Pete. I personally was talking about the cheap reproductions they sell on comics.com for my wall. They are around $20.00.

That museum is in California, right? I keep telling my wife one day we are going to go there. A few summers ago we drove all around St. Paul looking for the Peanuts on Parade that were still left around the city. There was no real guide so we just had to stumble upon them.

I was surprised there was no Schultz museum in Minnesota.

yes it is in santa rosa. which is were he was based. that is about a hour north of san fransico. Side note I believe Peanuts still generates about $50 million a year in income for all of the edorsments deals they have.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    I'm beginning to think that maybe the whole "memorabilia" card thing has reached its nadir.

Leaf has a new "celebrity" set - "Leaf Pop Century" - for 2011, and the ultimate chase card in this set - 1/1, of course - is some kind of a fold-out card that contains a cut auto of JFK, a cut auto of Lee Harvey Oswald (!), and a swatch from the limo JFK was riding in when he was shot.

Really.
    There have been some really weird sets out recently they all come 1 card to a pack and each pack is over $100. The last one I read about was the horrors of war set and in it was an Adolf Hitler signature and the person that got it was just a tad to excited about what he got for me.

I bought a pack of Famous Fabric Hooray for Hollywood on sale at Blowout Cards (during their black friday sale) and got a Sigourney Weaver signature, not mind boggling and probably not worth what I paid for it but still pretty cool. All these Famous Fabrics sets, every card is 1/1.