Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: Grey Flannel Spring Auction Is Up!

Quote Originally Posted by halzeus View Post
    When bidding on an item in the Grey Flannel auction, is it better to use the ceiling bid option, or manually bid?

Thanks for any info.
    Bid manually for as close to the minimum as possible then in the OT bidding bid your ceiling. I say this because you have to bid in regulation to be allowed to bid in ot and if you bid your ceiling in regulation especilly days or weeks in advance it won't hold up so I always say throw as small a bid as possible out there in any lot your interested in early to reserve right to bid in ot.

Re: Grey Flannel Spring Auction Is Up!

LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE on auction 'world'

Thinking about putting two items up, Stan Musial flannel 67 and Daryl Spencer flannel 56. They are really one of a kind.
    \
    Wonder if I get the best final price from auction, or continuing to use our Forum to find buyer who gets the value and will pay for it?

Comments, and Dave, if you are out there, chime in
    Use this forum to reach me , I'll keep looking daily. I value your opinions
    Thanks

Banned

Exclamation Re: Grey Flannel Spring Auction Is Up!

[quote=ferrisfain41;248618]LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE on auction 'world'

Thinking about putting two items up, Stan Musial flannel 67 and Daryl Spencer flannel 56. They are really one of a kind.
    \
    Wonder if I get the best final price from auction, or continuing to use our Forum to find buyer who gets the value and will pay for it?

Comments, and Dave, if you are out there, chime in
    Use this forum to reach me , I'll keep looking daily. I value your opinions
    Thanks[/quote

My only concern is that the C2C section limits sale prices to $500 or less, and both items would be likely to be valued higher.

If GUU ever resumes their auctions, the exposure wouldn't be as widespread as eBay, but you'd have more true collectors viewing your items and a lot fewer nickel and dimers.

If GUU doesn't resume, you colud try other auction houses, such as Huggins & Scott, Lelands, or maybe MEARS.

Dave Miedema