I will admit, I am not a Josh Hamilton fan. Mostly because if he would have stayed clean I think the Rays would have had a legit shot at 1-2 world series titles. And then be great trade bait when they couldn't afford him any longer. For example, would have been better seeing him in RF over Gabe Gross....

Regardless of all that, I a curious on his longterm game used value. I see really crazy prices for his items. Heck, did the water bottle his teamed used in ALDS celebration last year go for like $300+?... crazy... Anyways, I do not see him as a hall of famer. He is turning 30 in about a month and won't have even 100 career homeruns. He will have a very hard time getting to even 400 Homeruns, 2000 hits isn't even a guarantee. I didn't even get into his year injury bug that seems to happen more often than not. So with all of that in 8 years, what will his stuff be worth? $500 a bat still? It's not like he is a 22 year old putting up these offensively great numbers. Yes overcoming person demons, person problems, etc is admirable, and his story is great. But his drug use and demons probably cost him 50-80 homeruns, 500+ hits since he started at age 26 in the majors. But will all that fade with time both positive or negative? I am curious to see 37-40 year old Josh Hamilton, those are the years he will need to be productive to have a HOF shot.
---

And for that matter, even being a Rays fan. I personally think Longoria is a somewhat overrated. He is putting up VERY similar numbers to Fred McGriff and Crime Dog (mostly because he doesn't have identity with one team) is going to have a very hard time getting in the HOF. But, Longoria may be the most important piece in saving the Franchise from moving to NC or Vegas.
---