Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Help with Sam Fuld used jersey

Quote Originally Posted by 101password View Post
    The reason I questioned the item was about 2 months ago, after the Cubs convention, a few jerseys appeared on ebay with MLB stickers. One of the items as a 2010 jersey and since Sam only appeared in 19 games in 2010, I am just not aware how many jerseys are issued to a player.
    The other issue is how many games did Sam sit on the bench? Those jerseys are technically game used, even if he only sat in the dugout.

The Cubs issue a lot of jerseys to each player each year.

I think the one thing you really need to look out for whether he used it or not, is the fact that this is a knit jersey and not a Coolbase. Many players, if they wear knits at all anymore, wear them typically in colder weather games I've noticed at least.

Banned

The jersey is fine, but it may not go cheap. For a bench player, Fuld was immensely popular with Cubs fans.

Dave Miedema

Everyone thanks for the information, it has been very help and best of all I am learning something.. Crossing my fingers that Sam does go over 400 this year.

Did some more research and Sam was called up August 19 and my guess is Chicago can get a bit nippy. Also was able to find some photos of the jersey while he played, not a photo match, but a good sign the jersey might be game used. The math is easy since the season is almost over and he only appeared in 19 games. Sorry Cubs fans no post season wear.

My next task is to find a photo of the Team USA gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by 101password View Post
    Everyone thanks for the information, it has been very help and best of all I am learning something.. Crossing my fingers that Sam does go over 400 this year.

Did some more research and Sam was called up August 19 and my guess is Chicago can get a bit nippy. Also was able to find some photos of the jersey while he played, not a photo match, but a good sign the jersey might be game used. The math is easy since the season is almost over and he only appeared in 19 games. Sorry Cubs fans no post season wear.

My next task is to find a photo of the Team USA gloves.
    Hold on now, I know Chicago has cold weather, its not usually "nippy" until late September during the evenings. I would suspect Fuld wore the jersey in late September if the knit jersey theory is correct.