Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: New eBay Scam Artist

Did you insure the package?

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    Sorry that this happened to you. Your best bet is to file a mail fraud report with your post office. Bring all the info from the Ebay auction and the buyers info to the PO, and file a report. Another way to distinguish fraud is the weight of the package sent versus the weight of the package that was sent back. Did you receive the "shirt" and "book" from the buyer yet? If not, when you get it, do not open it and take it to the post office, explain the situation, and open it in front of the postmaster at your post office. Usually when you ship something USPS, the weight of the package is on your receipt. So when you go to file the report, take your receipt with you, so that they can weigh the package you received and compare those numbers with the weight that is on the receipt when you sent the jersey. Hopefully you nail this person and you get your money back.
    It's funny you mentioned the weight thing. I told the buyer that I would be willing to pay for return shipping if they took the item to the post office so it could be weighed and returned under the original tracking information (reported as damaged and/or missing). I reported the fraud to the post office and the buyer must have known and/or found out the post office would catch them red handed. For some reason, after I told them I would accept a return if they went through USPS's fraud prevention steps for damaged/missing mail, they refused to do this as they has already locked in to stating they allegedly received a tan shirt and a book (all of the information has been forwarded to USPS since it was 1 long email thread back and forth). They are now returning the item under a different tracking number, however I am hoping the Postal Inspectors and Mail Fraud/Theft department seize the package.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Did you insure the package?
    Yeah, however I only insured it for 50% of the value since I really didn't think someone would try to rip me off for a $400.00 jersey.

If push comes to shove, I will file an insurance claim for $200.00, however the buyer will still end up getting the jersey and their money back and i'll still be out $200.00 (that is if the insurance claim gets approved). I need to wait until the returned package gets seized or until I sign for the package and see its something other than a jersey. For all I know, the buyer could actually return the jersey to me, but I highly doubt it.

IMO, the U.S Post Office would be paying $200.00 for eBay letting someone defraud me of my item an money. And I would still be paying the other 50% of the fees which is better than 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by kprst6 View Post
    Yeah, however I only insured it for 50% of the value since I really didn't think someone would try to rip me off for a $400.00 jersey.

If push comes to shove, I will file an insurance claim for $200.00, however the buyer will still end up getting the jersey and their money back and i'll still be out $200.00 (that is if the insurance claim gets approved). I need to wait until the returned package gets seized or until I sign for the package and see its something other than a jersey. For all I know, the buyer could actually return the jersey to me, but I highly doubt it.

IMO, the U.S Post Office would be paying $200.00 for eBay letting someone defraud me of my item an money. And I would still be paying the other 50% of the fees which is better than 100%.
    Remember, if you do get the package sent back to you, take it to the post office and open it in front of the postmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by eagraham35 View Post
    It cuts both ways...I won a pair of Dan Marino gamers and asked question after question BEFORE bidding. The seller said all the right things so I pulled the trigger and bid and won the shoes. When they arrived, the display case was trashed and the shoes inside were not as promised, not even close. So, I contacted them and they said NO RETURNS...paypal said there is not such thing as a 'no return policy' so I was refunded fully my money as long as I provided proof of delivery.

So I sent it all back insured and required a signature. When the shoes arrived back to them, paypal refunded my money. These clowns I got the shoes from then filed a false police report saying I sent back something other than what I was supposed to, so paypal then tried to take my refund back. I explained what I had done and I deserved a chance to be heard. Paypal said since a police report was filed, the case was closed and I lose.

The kicker is, the d-bags are now relisting the shoes they were supposed to have sent me in the first place AND I supposedly had NOT sent back to them. I called paypal and they basically said "oh well". The crooks got away with some of paypals money. I refused to give the refund back. Of course paypal froze my acct and paid the sellers back themselves. As far as I am concernend. paypal can stick it too. But the sellers of those shoes should be locked up. Here is their auction link for one of the shoes I supposedly stole and did not return...they are trying to sell it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAN-MARIONO-GAME...46039450808333
    I messaged your seller about his "Dan Mariono" cleat and mentioned the previous "sale" and how there were some inconsistencies in the chain of events. His reply has me convinced that he is one of the stupidest ba$tards to ever use a keyboard.
    Stay away from this fool.

Quote Originally Posted by kudu View Post
    Remember, if you do get the package sent back to you, take it to the post office and open it in front of the postmaster.
    Since its signature required, I'm going to pick it up at the post office and open it there. I also plan on having an afidavit ready to be signed about the contents of the package.

Did the same as 34swtns .... asked something to the extent of that I thought I saw you sold these earlier, they the same cleats?

Their response:

My husband believes they were game worn in 1996. We did have a pair we sold back in November..this is not part of the same pair. My husband grew up with Dan Marino and lived in the same town. He received all kinds of memorabilia from him. These are psa/dna certified authenticity as we had a problem with the sale of the other pair we sold(now we do that with all of our sports memorabilia). Thanks for the inquiry!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Did the same as 34swtns .... asked something to the extent of that I thought I saw you sold these earlier, they the same cleats?

Their response:

My husband believes they were game worn in 1996. We did have a pair we sold back in November..this is not part of the same pair. My husband grew up with Dan Marino and lived in the same town. He received all kinds of memorabilia from him. These are psa/dna certified authenticity as we had a problem with the sale of the other pair we sold(now we do that with all of our sports memorabilia). Thanks for the inquiry!
    That sounds very familiar. Wasn't there a seller a while back claiming the same thing but it involved Lawrence Taylor?

Update... I am not sure what's going on with the package, however I noticed that the status says it was out for delivery on the 12th and it hasn't been updated as of 2:00 p.m on 5/16/2011. Does this mean the package was seized by ICE and/or the Post Office?

The USPS tracking status says:

Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Signature Confirmation™

The delivery status for this item has has not been updated as of May 12, 2011, 10:55 pm.

Detailed Results:
    Delivery status not updated as of May 12, 2011, 10:55 pm

I also forgot to copy this, as the delivery date was supposed to be the 12th:

Expected Delivery Date: May 12, 2011