Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Greg Olson Braves helmet

If the person who won the Olson Braves helmet off ebay yesterday is here, would you please email me? Thanks. jctaylor101@gmail.com.

Re: Greg Olson Braves helmet

Hey Jason! I don't know a damn thing about that Olson helmet! Lol! But it is good to see an old friend posting again. Hope you stick around for a while. You are an asset to this forum.
    Todd Ricks
    www.freewebs.com/canseco44
    Always looking for Canseco Game Used Items
    Spideyman79@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canseco44 View Post
    Hey Jason! I don't know a damn thing about that Olson helmet! Lol! But it is good to see an old friend posting again. Hope you stick around for a while. You are an asset to this forum.
    Haha.....thanks, Todd! I guess I was starting to get withdrawls from this place. Wish some others would start posting again as well. Abe, Rudy, Jimmie B., were are you guys?

Hey Skip,

What are your thoughts on the numbers on the back of the helmet?

They just looked a little strange to me.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Hey Skip,

What are your thoughts on the numbers on the back of the helmet?

They just looked a little strange to me.
    David,
    The numbers are correct, as is everything else about the helmet, down to the blacked out ABC logo (via sticker - which is also unique) beneath the flags. For the most part, those numbers were used from 1987 (first year back to tomahawks) through 1992. Best that I can tell, that numeral style was unique to the Braves. It doesn't take a mastermind to fake helmets most of the time, but getting a '91 Braves gamer correct would take some effort. That said, there actually is a bad "'91" Olson catchers helmet out there somewhere. The only thing they got right however was the flags. Recall seeing that one in the mid-90s.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by skipcarayislegend View Post
    David,
    The numbers are correct, as is everything else about the helmet, down to the blacked out ABC logo (via sticker - which is also unique) beneath the flags. For the most part, those numbers were used from 1987 (first year back to tomahawks) through 1992. Best that I can tell, that numeral style was unique to the Braves. It doesn't take a mastermind to fake helmets most of the time, but getting a '91 Braves gamer correct would take some effort. That said, there actually is a bad "'91" Olson catchers helmet out there somewhere. The only thing they got right however was the flags. Recall seeing that one in the mid-90s.
    Jason
    Thanks Jason for the info!
    I know you know your Braves stuff.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Sure, David, no problem.