Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to the game used world

I've been collecting Curt Schilling for over 15 years and have always stuck to baseball cards. I've amassed quite the collection but have recently decided to take a turn towards his higher end collectibles, including game used. You can view my web site here: http://www.curtschillingcollector.com.

Ball Park Heroes had a game used Phillies hat listed recently so I decided to make that my first purchase. I just made my largest purchase ever tonight and I'll be sure to show it off soon.

I look forward to getting more involved with this forum and it's members.

Banned

Re: New to the game used world

Nice hat!
    I too am faily new to this hobby. Started collecting cards as a kid and moved up to game used this year. Wish I had started collecting game used a long time ago.

Welcome!!

I took the same route as you. I collected strictly cards and game used cards to be specific and I gave it all up to start collecting game used memorabilia. It's definitely something you won't have to regret in the future since it's a fun hobby and just stick to these forums because everyone on here has an expertise for a specific team or type of tagging so if you ever need help determining the authenticty of something then you will definitely find an answer on here

I'm in the same boat as all of you. I still have a large amount of cards, I collect auto cards of the stars, as I can't afford their GU gear. Got rid of most of my Aussie Players cards so that I could collect Aussie Players GU gear instead!

Mark.

Banned

Talking Re: New to the game used world

Welcome aboard. The Forum is always open for questions, as is my personal email address (which you've already used). Schilling is a personal favorite of mine, although there are a few members who will give me a hard time if I say why.

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Welcome aboard. The Forum is always open for questions, as is my personal email address (which you've already used). Schilling is a personal favorite of mine, although there are a few members who will give me a hard time if I say why.

Dave Miedema
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Dave - I really appreciate the feedback on the jersey. I ended up winning it and will show it off when it arrives. Thanks again!
    Always looking for Curt Schilling
    http://www.curtschillingcollector.com

Seems to be a theme in here today lol. I started collecting cards when I was about 6 years old. I did this up until last year when I sold my collection and bought my first game used jersey. That is a really nice looking hat you got there. Welcome to the forum!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    I have to ask.........why is Schilling a personal favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by freddiefreeman5 View Post
    I have to ask.........why is Schilling a personal favorite?
    Don't do it! This thread will quickly deteriorate.

I understand why plenty of people don't like him but I personally love how he played the game and how he always spoke his mind on issues important to him.
    Always looking for Curt Schilling
    http://www.curtschillingcollector.com

I was born in 1979. Curt Schilling, when healthy, was one of the best pitchers
    of my generation. As a die-hard Yankees fan I have EVERY reason to dislike
    him but I would have welcomed him on the Yankees in a heartbeat. Super
    clutch in big games.Yeah he's got a big mouth but he also does a lot for charity.

Goh Nishiyama