Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Looking for Astros 2005 World Series Bats

All, I am looking to acquire Louisville Slugger or Rawlings bats made for the 2005 World Series for Houston Astros Players. Looking for game used or issued bats, any players. Buying aggresively!

Thanks,

Banned

Re: Looking for Astros 2005 World Series Bats

Chris-

Did you pick up the lot that was on Lelands?

Banned

Yeah AJ, I got that grouping. I have the info on how many the team received in Chicago and Houston, so was trying to track as many down as I could. That was a 1st for Houston, so I figured I had to go after them! I do own both Chris Burke ones now!

Did most player's just get 2 bats made from Louisville Slugger, did any use them in games ?

Banned

I know that Adam Everett, Chris Burke, and Morgan Ensberg used theirs in games. Maybe Chris can add a couple more to that list.

Banned

The only players I have confirmed used the WS bats in the games are Adam Everett, Chris Burke, Morgan Ensberg, Jason Lane, and Jeff Bagwell. Craig Biggio told me his did NOT use them. I have seen pitchers bats of Clemens and Pettitte, but Clemens never got an At Bat.

In terms of quantity, players received between 2 and 4 each.

Hope this helps!

That's interesting, Biggio told me he did use them.

Can you share the list of bats that were sent to the players?

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Yeah AJ, I got that grouping. I have the info on how many the team received in Chicago and Houston, so was trying to track as many down as I could. That was a 1st for Houston, so I figured I had to go after them! I do own both Chris Burke ones now!

In this post you say you have the info but a later one says they received 2 or 4? Do you know or are you guessing?

Banned

Skinner,

Let me clarify, I know the total number of bats the Astros received from Louisville Slugger. However, I don't know the exact number players received. It was between 2 and 4 each though. I just found out last thatnks to member AJ that Charles Gipson received at least one WS Bat as he was given thge bat by Charles. I personally have handled many of these, used and unused and am trying to pinpoint who/how many were received. What I am finidn is that most players have no idea how many they received!

As for Biggio, I used to own his Game 3 bat he split (photo matched) and it was not a "2005 World Series" Bat. I also own 2 Biggio WS bats that show no use. One of the two Biggio bats is the one from the recent Leland's auction! Hope this clarification helps!

Thanks,

Chris, are the WS bats marked in any special way? If so, can you post a picture of the special markings? Have you come across any Vizcaino WS bats?

Thanks