Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vida jersey in grey flannel

Like to hear any thoughts on the Vida Blue jersey in the current auction. Dave and Lon your comments would be most appreicated. To be clear I have no concerns just trying to educate myself more
    thanks
    Pete

Re: vida jersey in grey flannel

Pete,
    shoot me a note: ossteve@yahoo.com
    Steve

I personally have seen this jersey. It is fantastic! All original. Great use.

Banned

Cool Re: vida jersey in grey flannel

The photos look OK, but, given the plethora of non-team-issued McAuliife A's knits in the market, I'd have to research it with photo or style matches before I could say for sure.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Exclamation Re: vida jersey in grey flannel

The McAuliffe thread on this site, in which the vast majority of the posts were done by Lon Lewis, shows a 1972 Blue being the same size as this one (42). It's still a good idea to review photos and research this before placing a commitment on it.

Dave Miedema

Thanks everyone for your comments. i am curious about one of Lon's posts about the 1971 A's vests. he menitons that all jersery's were issued with tags. Does this mean the vests were issued for sale to the general public or issued to the team and not used, as in team issued and not game used.
    thanks
    pete

Banned

Cool Re: vida jersey in grey flannel

Personally, I have never seen a vest flannel that wasn't team-issued...this problem seems to be limited to knit jerseys.

Dave Miedema

Pete...To answer your question, yes, McAullife would sell jerseys to the public, with the tagging. They did that with college teams as well. In fact, when the Giants used Wilson, they could make up anyone you wanted, at least with the Giants, possibly other teams as well, way back when, knits or flannels. With the proper tagging. Wilson had an outlet in SF where the Giants could buy their jackets etc here in SF. I went to Eddie Logan, the long time Giants equipment mgr. since the NY days, a couple of times in the mid '70's, to buy a jacket, on two separate occasions. Both times I paid Eddie whatever the amount was, and went to the Wilson outlet and picked up the Giants jackets myself. Just as what the players used. This was way before there were any collectors buying jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by prichmond View Post
    Like to hear any thoughts on the Vida Blue jersey in the current auction. Dave and Lon your comments would be most appreicated. To be clear I have no concerns just trying to educate myself more
    thanks
    Pete
    Ask Lon. Click on his user name lon lewis and send him an email.

Marichal27

Can you email me?

pete@silveradofarming.com

Thanks